radiator oil Cooler plugs and adapter | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

radiator oil Cooler plugs and adapter

Pete Deering

Reaction score
City, State
New England
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 xlt 4 door 4x4
General question . Radiator oil Cooler plugs and adapter. Does anyone know where you would buy the plugs and hard line adapter?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your local hardware store for the plugs

Your local hardware store for the plugs
That what I thought, but the Radiator manufacturer told me, I had to purchase the plugs from them. I try to search online but nothing comes up. I am also assuming the adapter are from ford.

junk yard?
What are you trying to do? put the lines into a new radiator?

junk yard?
What are you trying to do? put the lines into a new radiator?
I Am purchasing a new Radiator. My selection, has a choice. With 4 cooler port or no cooler ports. The old radiator has 2 cooler ports, one outlet and two inlet (1.5 & 1 inch). I am trying too find a off the shelf item. I don't know the standard sizes of the ports.

If your 95 is an auto then you need the one with two cooler ports
4 cooler ports would be a chevy LOL LOL LOL
Seriously none of our explorers use a 4 cooler port radiator, not sure why they list it

If your truck is a 5 speed then you do not need cooler ports

The oil cooler is for the automatic transmission
Your new radiator should come with the correct fittings to thread directly to the trans cooler lines in the truck
If it does not (they usually do?) then you can remove the fittings from your old radiator

You want the DUAL CORE radiator do not get the single core unit, from the factory all 95 automatics came with dual core

If your 95 is an auto then you need the one with two cooler ports
4 cooler ports would be a chevy LOL LOL LOL
Seriously none of our explorers use a 4 cooler port radiator, not sure why they list it

If your truck is a 5 speed then you do not need cooler ports

The oil cooler is for the automatic transmission
Your new radiator should come with the correct fittings to thread directly to the trans cooler lines in the truck
If it does not (they usually do?) then you can remove the fittings from your old radiator

You want the DUAL CORE radiator do not get the single core unit, from the factory all 95sgop do not exist automatics came with dual core
It not for my explorer another ford vehicle. Stock radiator not available. Radiator repair shop , do not exist in my area.

all right well that is completely different hardware store perhaps
What vehicle? might help

Back