Radiator Question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Radiator Question

Figured this would be the best place to ask this question:

Know a few guys have played around with different radiators in conjunction with swapping to the 5.0. I'm trying to cram a winch under / behind my Duff front bumper (will require a fabbed mount), and it would fit a Superwinch 9000 if I could just lose about three inches from the bottom of the radiator. . .

Any experts know the dimensions of some of the replacement radiators that have been used on engine conversion swaps ??

Thanks for any info.

Paul
'91 Sport

I don't know the actual dimensions but I know that the rad James Duff sells fits perfectly into the hole in the rad support and mounts flush with the back side. I don't know if this helps but aleast you can get an idea as to position of the aftermarket rad.

Thanks for the info - - I'll check with Duff.

Paul

Paul, Check with some local Radiator shops too. They can custom make stuff to fit how you need it. For example if you have clearance issues at the bottum of the radiator you have them shave 3" off the bottom and add another row to help with cooling.

Originally posted by Speedfreak
I don't know the actual dimensions but I know that the rad James Duff sells fits perfectly into the hole in the rad support and mounts flush with the back side. I don't know if this helps but aleast you can get an idea as to position of the aftermarket rad.

Just fer anyone else... this radiator can tuck in right where the a/c condenser radiator thingy is... That's where mine is.
Pete

Back