Radiator REPLACED

Essex4x4

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Johnston Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Dodge Grand Caravan
OH JOY it finnally happened, i lost my good luck, i was forced into replacing my radiator on my 06 explorer at about 67,000 miles on the OD. Thats my biggest repair so far, but i also have a new battery, alternator, and water pump, oh and im on my 3rd set of tires. Does this sound overly excessive to anyone? Am I doing something wrong here?:roll:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

3rd set of tires is over the top - take those turns slower :p:
- an alignment would probably help too.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yea 3 sets of tires is overkill haha, im still on the original set on my 95.

.....JK :p: but you should be not even halfway through a second set though

Oh it seems as though the tire usage needs an explanation. Well here goes nothing. When I bought the car it had the original Michelin Cross Terrain tires on it and I hated them, noisy SOB's for a highway tire that is. I also felt like it kind of pushed the soccer mom appeal a little too much. So I went with a Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor tire, those lasted the longest so far. In the end of last September I was rear ended and it caused both rear tires to blow out. So I replaced them. The rest of the noted repairs, i.e. the water pump, radiator alternator and battery were due to poor performance or an actual fault.

When the water pump failed I kept seeing my engine temperature light go on and the temperature was really high, so into ford it went, a couple hours later and I had a new pump. It was the same basic story for the alternator except I kept having starting issues, and electrical failures. The dealer tested everything including the battery and under warranty replaced my alternator. Two months ago I replaced my battery because it tested low, using my not so cheap Fluke multi meter. I was pulling 9.2 resting, and my cranking amps only hit 11.4 so off to pep boys I went. Batteries aren't covered so I was forced to buy my own.

Back