• Register Today It's free!

radiator

movielover1

Reaction score
City, State
Mount Holly
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Ford Explorer Limite
Looking to replace my radiator. I was talking to the guy I bought my explorer from and he forgot to tell me and had a leak a few months ago and used some sealer. Any ideas on a good sturdy radiator. Perferably not plastic and pretty desent price. It's for a 1994 Ford Explorer Limited with a v6 4.0 Liter Automatic trans, and air

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Either go with the after market Alum. or find an nice old METAL one from a VAN. Outside of that you are stuck with the PLASTIC JUNK replacement.

I have a 2000 Ford Eddie Bauer that only had 39,000 miles on it and the last time I took it in for service I was told the radiator had a leak. I could not hardly believe it. I did not do any checking around I just told them to go a head and replace it. The bill was $450.00 plus tax. If I had it to do over I would have checked around and did it myself. Is this common for the radiators to go out this soon?

I have a 2000 Ford Eddie Bauer that only had 39,000 miles on it and the last time I took it in for service I was told the radiator had a leak. I could not hardly believe it. I did not do any checking around I just told them to go a head and replace it. The bill was $450.00 plus tax. If I had it to do over I would have checked around and did it myself. Is this common for the radiators to go out this soon?

This is a new one. I have never run across one with that low of miles that had a radiator go out. I think you might had been taken for a ride on that one :thumbdwn:

Watch out next time they might :roll: and tell you that your blinker fluid needs changing and will cost you $1200

Hates shops that do this

To the original poster where the previous owner added a sealer..... hopefully, it's not BArrs or stop leak. They do more damange than good.

i paid $130 for a radiator an 3 gallons of coolant. but that the store a mile frome my house.

Back