Radio Bezel Damage | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Radio Bezel Damage

joshgfeller

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm an idiot... I recently upgraded to a double din Pioneer AVH-3200bt in my Trac. I cut off the extra lips in teh bezel with my dremel.... The problem is I scuffed it up a little bit in the front where I didn't notice the dremel shaft piece was rubbing while I was cutting. I got it all in but the nicks and scraped are bothering me. Love the look and feel of the dvd player now but hate the the scrapes. Any ideas? I'll get some pics posted tonight.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's cool, I didn't spring for the 3200bt, but put the 3200dvd in my truck, love mine as well! Adds a whole new feel to the truck.

Check this thread out, it's really about the trim kit, but look at Flounder's posts, he opted to just paint the whole thing over. Might be a good option for you, I'd recommend some really fine grit sand paper and take those nicks and scratches down a little, then paint the whole thing (or if they are that deep maybe some fiberglass resin to fill, then primer/paint)

If you read down further through the post you he even tells the part number of the paint from Autozone!!!

Flounder's posts have helped me out so many times on here :) Thanks dude!

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216695&highlight=double+din

pic

Yes his looks great! Mine looks pretty decent from a distance. But look at the bezel damage! :( I really hashed it up right there. This is probably way too deep to sand out wouldnt you say? I will probably need to put some fiberglass resin and then sand and paint it?

Overall Pic
goodpic.jpg

Damage
picbad.jpg

I would just sand it down a bit then lightly smooth some bondo on sand prime paint presto

yeah, i agree, i didn't even notice the scratches in the first pic. but i'm the same way, YOU know it's there, and will catch your eye even if your passengers have no clue.

bondo/fiberglass resin, whatever you have laying around. won't take much, i'd probably go that route instead of trying to sand it down and out because then you'll have warped uneven look and be patching it anyway.

good luck, the deck looks good, i like the world wallpaper, the animated ones are really cool too. or you can drop your own background on an sd card...NICE DECK

Ok Sounds good. I'll get some fiberglass bondo and go to work on it tonight. Thanks for the help guys. I'll take some photos of a the finished product when I get a chance.

Flounder painted his whole bezel right? Not just the dash kit? I was wondering if the buttons can be removed from the bezel or if everything has to be taped off perfectly.

They remove from behind. Pull the bezel, pull the 4x4 knob and the wiper knob, and unscrew them from behind.

IMG_2151.jpg

Yeah, I think he painted the whole bezel. If I remember correctly there are some phillips head screws holding on the button on the back. Should be able to pop the 4x4 and rear window modules out. I didn't have the stock fog lights (even though it's an xlt, not sure how that happened) so I don't have that button on my bezel. That's a good point though, were you thinking about doing the bezel and the dash kit since it's already out?

I left mine black, but I think it would look really nice and integrated with everything painted

I am presently looking for a replacement radio for my 2005 Sport tract xlt I saw this one on the thread Pioner AVH-3200bt and it looks great.Where can I get one in the USA and is it difficult to install and what am I looking at for price.If you have other sugestions for a replacement radio would be appriciated.

Back