Radio Bezel Rubber Coating | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Radio Bezel Rubber Coating

Hi. I removed so many times my radio bezel and it doesnt looks good now. Finally today i was fixing the bulbs inside of my rear defrost and rear wiper swicth and i damaged the finish of the bezel. The rubber coating is starting to peel very badly. I want to know how i can remove that coating with the minimal possible sanding. I still cant find a decent color to paint it (i want a black to look as stock, but it isnt very easy) but that`s another story...

I have read some topics about painting (Like Robert`s) but first i need to get rid of this annoying rubber coat. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...

sand it down, then use light coats of Duplicolor spray on bedliner- it is available at Advance Auto. It wont give you that smooth rubber finish that is stock, but the finish looks pretty good...

Attachments

• carputer 043.jpg
    carputer 043.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 908

I peeled off what would come off easy and used steel wool for the rest. It worked very well. And it gives you a nice enough finish I didn't even worry about painting it. If you use sand paper you will have to paint it. It's a more glossy black underneath and I though it looked better than the rubber coating.

that bed liner idea is a good idea to hide those edges that may not have come up but will still give you a uniform finish thats a damn good idea and you do have some control on texture too

Back