• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Radio Bezel

A Wise Guy

Reaction score
City, State
McHenry, IL.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'06 Limited Dark Cherry
From what I have noticed so far the XLT comes with the black carbon fiber looking radio bezel and trims around the window switches. The EB I'm not sure if it is wood grain or carbon fiber. The Limited is wood grain. My question to those with the carbon fiber is does it glare at all? With the wood grain I allways seem to get a glare of the sun off of it. What are everybody else's experience with this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Essex4x4

Reaction score
City, State
Johnston Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Dodge Grand Caravan
no, i wouldn't think that it would glare anymore, i have the carbon fiber look and i don't see that much glare at all.

Essex4x4

Reaction score
City, State
Johnston Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Dodge Grand Caravan
New Explorer in the future

question for ya. Why did you want to know? Are you going to buy a new EX?
I have driven the other models including the EB, and Limited and they don't glare anymore than what i have now. Of course that was just a test drive of about 20 min or so.

A Wise Guy

Reaction score
City, State
McHenry, IL.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'06 Limited Dark Cherry
I just bought my '06 Limited on Jan. 11 of this year and one of the only things I don't like about it is that between the polished woodgrain bezel and all the chrome trim I always seem to pick up a glare off of something. I was just trying to figure out if it would be worth switching out to the carbon fiber look of the XLT instead of the woodgrain. Then again I was never big on the fake woodgrain, it belongs on the outside of a mid 70's GM stationwagon.

AndyInFlorida

Reaction score
City, State
Suwanee, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'07 4.6L Sport Trac
What's strange is that the Limited Sport Trac has the fake carbon fiber as well, but it's a matte finish instead of glossy.

DMacLennan14

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Eddie Bauer
you could always paint it. i took the idea from "silverspl" and painted mine the color of the exterior. i think it turned out really well. it still looks classy, but it makes it stand out from other explorers.

Attachments

• blue dash.jpg
    blue dash.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 2,696

Essex4x4

Reaction score
City, State
Johnston Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Dodge Grand Caravan
you could always paint it. i took the idea from "silverspl" and painted mine the color of the exterior. i think it turned out really well. it still looks classy, but it makes it stand out from other explorers.

Looks Good, like the idea:thumbsup:

El_Cid

Reaction score
City, State
Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer
From what I have noticed so far the XLT comes with the black carbon fiber looking radio bezel and trims around the window switches. The EB I'm not sure if it is wood grain or carbon fiber. The Limited is wood grain. My question to those with the carbon fiber is does it glare at all? With the wood grain I allways seem to get a glare of the sun off of it. What are everybody else's experience with this?

I can't tell if there is glare from the fake CF bezel... I'm too blinded by the chrome bezels on the A/C, Instrument cluster, door pulls, and chrome shift knob cap. :mad:

Seriously, it's not that bad off the fake CF stuff. You can see a bit of a glare, but it's not distracting. I do plan to paint the chrome stuff, probably black but I'll be leaving the radio bezel alone.

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Sport Trac XLT V8
nope

none on my sport trac XLT, which has the glossy carbon.