Radio Bezel

A Wise Guy

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
McHenry, IL.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'06 Limited Dark Cherry
From what I have noticed so far the XLT comes with the black carbon fiber looking radio bezel and trims around the window switches. The EB I'm not sure if it is wood grain or carbon fiber. The Limited is wood grain. My question to those with the carbon fiber is does it glare at all? With the wood grain I allways seem to get a glare of the sun off of it. What are everybody else's experience with this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

no, i wouldn't think that it would glare anymore, i have the carbon fiber look and i don't see that much glare at all.

New Explorer in the future

question for ya. Why did you want to know? Are you going to buy a new EX?
I have driven the other models including the EB, and Limited and they don't glare anymore than what i have now. Of course that was just a test drive of about 20 min or so.

I just bought my '06 Limited on Jan. 11 of this year and one of the only things I don't like about it is that between the polished woodgrain bezel and all the chrome trim I always seem to pick up a glare off of something. I was just trying to figure out if it would be worth switching out to the carbon fiber look of the XLT instead of the woodgrain. Then again I was never big on the fake woodgrain, it belongs on the outside of a mid 70's GM stationwagon.

What's strange is that the Limited Sport Trac has the fake carbon fiber as well, but it's a matte finish instead of glossy.

you could always paint it. i took the idea from "silverspl" and painted mine the color of the exterior. i think it turned out really well. it still looks classy, but it makes it stand out from other explorers.

Attachments

• blue dash.jpg
    blue dash.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 2,772

you could always paint it. i took the idea from "silverspl" and painted mine the color of the exterior. i think it turned out really well. it still looks classy, but it makes it stand out from other explorers.

Looks Good, like the idea:thumbsup:

From what I have noticed so far the XLT comes with the black carbon fiber looking radio bezel and trims around the window switches. The EB I'm not sure if it is wood grain or carbon fiber. The Limited is wood grain. My question to those with the carbon fiber is does it glare at all? With the wood grain I allways seem to get a glare of the sun off of it. What are everybody else's experience with this?

I can't tell if there is glare from the fake CF bezel... I'm too blinded by the chrome bezels on the A/C, Instrument cluster, door pulls, and chrome shift knob cap. :mad:

Seriously, it's not that bad off the fake CF stuff. You can see a bit of a glare, but it's not distracting. I do plan to paint the chrome stuff, probably black but I'll be leaving the radio bezel alone.

nope

none on my sport trac XLT, which has the glossy carbon.

Back