Radio/Climate Manual Control Panel not Working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Radio/Climate Manual Control Panel not Working

helix760

Reaction score
City, State
Highlands Ranch, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT AWD
Hi all...I apologize if this has been addressed but I have not been able to find the solution. My 2013 XLT radio/climate control manual buttons do not work. Touch screen and steering wheel controls work fine, but the manual buttons do not. They all light up but have zero response when pushed. Anyone else have this issue? Radio and climate work fine when using touchscreen.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi all...I apologize if this has been addressed but I have not been able to find the solution. My 2013 XLT radio/climate control manual buttons do not work. Touch screen and steering wheel controls work fine, but the manual buttons do not. They all light up but have zero response when pushed. Anyone else have this issue? Radio and climate work fine when using touchscreen.
I have this same problem in my 2012 Explorer limited EXCEPT I think some of the buttons are pressing themselves and messing with my climate control, jacking up passenger side climate to max and turning it on when I turn it off. Any updates?

I have this same problem in my 2012 Explorer limited EXCEPT I think some of the buttons are pressing themselves and messing with my climate control, jacking up passenger side climate to max and turning it on when I turn it off..........
I don't think that is possible with a capacitive touch screen. There really are no physical buttons. The areas that are shown require your finger to activate them to allow for a small electrical discharge which completes the circuit. A faulty control module of some type sounds more probable.

Peter

Same problem on my 2015 XLT, have tried tho remove the negative battery terminal reset with no difference. My eject cd, radio power and hazard buttons are responsive to touch however everything else lights up when controlled from the touchscreen adjustments but will not work when touched. I have checked the fuses and even pulled the dash apart to make sure the plugs were seated properly still with no change. Any other ideas would be great

Thanks in advance

Same problem on my 2015 XLT, have tried tho remove the negative battery terminal reset with no difference. My eject cd, radio power and hazard buttons are responsive to touch however everything else lights up when controlled from the touchscreen adjustments but will not work when touched. I have checked the fuses and even pulled the dash apart to make sure the plugs were seated properly still with no change. Any other ideas would be great

Thanks in advance
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
With the issue you are having with the screen I don't think you'd be able to a Master Reset. It could be a bad APIM or screen. The APIM (Accessory Protocol Interface Module) is the 'brains of MFT.

Peter

With the issue you are having with the screen I don't think you'd be able to a Master Reset. It could be a bad APIM or screen. The APIM (Accessory Protocol Interface Module) is the 'brains of MFT.

Peter
The touchscreen works perfectly it’s the touch buttons below the screen with the 2 rotary knobs ( one for volume and other for fan speed) that’s not working

The touchscreen works perfectly it’s the touch buttons below the screen with the 2 rotary knobs ( one for volume and other for fan speed) that’s not working
Thanks for clarifying. It could be that the buttons themselves are not making proper contact. If that is the case, nothing that you attempted would fix them. Also, if it is an issue with the buttons you may have to replace the entire Dash Control unit but it seems that part has been discontinued.
See part #13; Cluster & Switches for 2015 Ford Explorer | Auto Nation Ford White Bear Lake
If what you need can be controlled via the touch screen then you may want to just do that as the part may be more costly than it is worth if you can find it on eBay or Amazon. Perhaps another member may have answers.

Peter

Hello. I have a 2015 ford explorer limited and the front panel of the air conditioning and radio does not respond. On the touch screen, both the air conditioning and the radio work well.
Can someone please give me an idea of what is going on. Thank you.

Hello. I have a 2015 ford explorer limited and the front panel of the air conditioning and radio does not respond. On the touch screen, both the air conditioning and the radio work well.
Can someone please give me an idea of what is going on. Thank you.
Your thread was merged with this existing one.

Peter

Back