km449

Reaction score
City, State
UK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 V
Hi again

Slowly getting there!

Have installed a ford 6000 single cd/radio which is fine.

Was wondering though how to connect it so that the rear controls and headphone sockets work

Thanks, as always

Keith (pics of my X are at....

http://groups.msn.com/MyExplorer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm not sure if you can... Scroll through the menus on the 6000 radio/CD and look out for something like ''RCIP'' and set it to 'on'. If the radio was originally made for something like a Fiesta or Focus it may not have the feature.
Hope this helps.

Simon H

Been there, tried that!
We tried putting a 6000 in my Ex but couldn't get the rear controls to work.
Gave up in the end and put a changer under the back seat and kept the 7000 stereo.

Steve

Did the RCIP thing and heh the back controls work!

Thanks guys!

Keith

Hi - I've got a similar problem with mine and have tried the RCIP settign but ti si not available on either the 6000 (R/C) or 7000 (R/CD) unit. Does anyone have any suggestions ?

LGCExplorer - presumably you have at least one of your radios out of the dash? The rear control function is not available on all Ford vehicles and believe it or not Ford don't have a 'unuversal' radio. They may look the same but a 6000 made for a Transit van will be different to one made for an Explorer. Have a look around which ever one you have to hand. If it was made for an Ex you will find the word 'Explorer' on one of the factory labels. If that's the case then the RCIP function is in there somewhere! One thing that seems to be unique to the Explorer versions of the 6000 is the ability to have the time permanantly displayed on the LCD panel.

Simon H

Hi - I started this thread.

I have a Ford 6000 radio/single cd unit I got off ebay for 70.00, and found the rcip controls in it's menu section as someone suggested. Works fine now.

It wasn't a special X radio, just a std Ford 6000 unit with cd/radio.

Might be best to bite the bullet and get one.

The rear controls dont allow someone in the rear to listen to, for example, the cd on headphones whilst we in the front listen to the radio which was a bit of a letdown.

Still, one can never have too many gizmos!!

Keith

I just bought an EX. How do you access the menu in the radio to get to the RCIP setting?

Thanks

We'd be interested in that info too. We've got the 7000 unit in the dash with the 6 cd unit in the rear as supplied from new - and I can't find any RCIP function in the menu.

To get the RICP controls to work you need two things. Firstly you need a 6000 or 7000 head unit. Secondly you need to ensure that the rear control plugs has been put in the right slot in the back. Then by pressing and holding the menu key. You then press the menu a number of times until you see RICP , use the seek buttons to turn in on and off.

Hope that helps.

Back