Wanted - Radio help on 2001 Ranger | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wanted Radio help on 2001 Ranger

Parts or services wanted

aj2swimmer

Reaction score
City, State
Findlay, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ranger 2001 XLT
Love the forum. I have a 2001 Ranger XLT. I have a radio problem. The radio will not work and the clock won't come on. Also, a faint ozony smell comes from the radio. The LED lights on the radio presets and controls work. I checked all of the fuses for the radio, plus those that didn't concern the radio. Nothing. I cleanded the the battery posts and checked the voltage going into the radio. Normal. I am about to just buy an aftermarket Radio but since I plan on selling the truck within a year I would rather not. I keep reading about this mystery AMP? I also don't know how to check the fuse relays in the fuse box under the hood. Any suggestions would help but I think its fried.

if you have an amp there should be a plug for it when i took my factory unit out, the back of the unit had a place marked amp but no plug for it. if you would like i have the old unit you can have, just pay shipping, its cd/cassette/am/fm/ cds get stuck in it occasionally and dont know if cassette works. but it is free to whoever wants it.

I might take you up on that. Any other suggestions on what to check before I go that route?

ok just let me know

Back