Radio ID help needed for part/model number | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Radio ID help needed for part/model number

whamel

Reaction score
City, State
Hinsdale, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 XLT, '97 Jeep Cheroke
To the more enlightened,
I picked up an '02 XLT about a month ago and installed a new radio/head unit with the works. I want to get rid of the OEM AM/FM/CASS/CD radio that came out of my XLT, but my model/part number seems a little odd, and I have scoured the internet for at least 2 hours trying to find something on my radio, found nothing, and that is why I am here (plus this site is damn cool). On the back of my radio, the part/model number is 2L2T-18C868-DA but I cannot figure out/find what type (premium, base, etc), power rating, compatability with other Ford vehicles, and general specs for this radio. Photos are posted in the links below. And yes, I have read the forum "introductory" posts and still I am stumped. Any help is appreciated!
Thanks,
Bill
Photos of my radio can be viewed here, front of radio link
http://myweb.uiowa.edu/whamel/ebay/fordradio_images/radio.jpg
and back of radio link
http://myweb.uiowa.edu/whamel/ebay/fordradio_images/radio2.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yea, I did see that website which was the only site I found, which is kinda funny you found it too. The only problem with that site is that it does not give any specs. on the radio nor does it give vehicle compatability. If I am going to sell this radio, I would be beneficial to know some more about it. I do thank you for that reply though. Also, I do notice the backwards compatability models listed, what exactly does that mean? I figure it just means they are all essentially the same, but I could be wrong.
Thanks,
Bill

Well according to the website, it says that its compatible with the 01-03 Mustang/02-04 Explorer&Mountaineer.....and I also found an adapter harness for the radio which should fit in any vehicle. As far as the specs.... I think if anybody is gonna buy an OEM stock radio, I don't think they're gonna be worried about the specs of the radio. But for the price I have seen from the website I think it (power ratings, dB readings, etc...) should be pretty up there.

IMO - if you can't find any specs on it, refer to the website and especially the price it sells at. Hopefully they'll get a good idea of the specs there.

The 2L2T-18C868-DA Dual Media radio is a Premium Sound model. It is rated at 4X20W, or 80 Watts total. There is no EQ in the radio, and no SW output. The radio fits only 2001-2004 Mustangs and 2002-2004 Explorer/Mounaineer, due to the "Hardmount" bolt-in design.

"Backwards compatible" means that it SHOULD fit and work as a replacement for any of those models. There are a few models listed there that this radio is NOT backwards compatible with (it will not fit in an Explorer Sport or Sport Trac due to the Hardmount bezel design).

regards,

Jeff

Thanks for the information. Its hard trying to sort through and learn new things for a car you just purchased. The Jeep I had before was just so simple. I wish Ford made finding this information a little easier, but nothing can be perfect. Thanks, Bill

Back