Radio knob - rubber ring | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Radio knob - rubber ring

Ag pilot

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer
So somehow the black rubber ring on my radio knob has disappeared, of course the kids know nothing about it. Without that ring it is hard to adjust that knob, I'd love to find a replacement but have come up with nothing at salvage yards and the local dealer wants to sell the entire radio face plate at $450+. Any ideas or help would be appreciated!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So somehow the black rubber ring on my radio knob has disappeared, of course the kids know nothing about it. Without that ring it is hard to adjust that knob, I'd love to find a replacement but have come up with nothing at salvage yards and the local dealer wants to sell the entire radio face plate at $450+. Any ideas or help would be appreciated!
Welcome to the Forum.:wavey:
Even if you found a comparable radio at a salvage yard I doubt that they would sell you the part since they would be looking to sell the whole radio.
Looking at Fordprts.com, they don't break it down beyond the faceplate.
In the meantime, can you wrap an elastic band around the knob to provide some 'grip'?

Peter

This is were you need to find a person that works at the Chicago Assembly Plant and have them give you the contact info for the supplier that made the faceplate.

They would probably give you that piece and just pay shipping.

The little rubber cushion ring that is on the top of the on / off volume knob on the radio came off. It does not snap on and does not look to have been attached with adhesive. Anyone deal with this?

if you or anyone else found a solution for this, I would be very appreciative. I have the same issue, except I dont need to purchase the rubber ring... it just came off in my hand.

if you or anyone else found a solution for this, I would be very appreciative. I have the same issue, except I dont need to purchase the rubber ring... it just came off in my hand.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I doubt you'll get a reply from the member you quoted. He was last seen here on September 15, 2015.
Is there any way to get it back on or is it damaged? If it just came off it should go back on, I would think.

Peter

The little rubber cushion ring that is on the top of the on / off volume knob on the radio came off. It does not snap on and does not look to have been attached with adhesive. Anyone deal with this?
Did you ever get this resolved?

Peter

nope not resolved. It doesn't seem to have been glued on originally, and it doesn't go back on in any way that is obvious to me

Back