Radius arm bushings | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Radius arm bushings

P

Paul Gagnon

I don't think that my radius arm bushings have ever been changed. I am having a horibble vibration and I think this is where it is coming from. I bought some new radius arm bushings yesterday. I wanted the regular black ones but the store I went to no longer stocks them. I ended up getting the red ones. I hope that they do not stiffen up my front suspension too much.

It should take me about 15-20 minutes a side.

------------------
Paul Gagnon
"No Brain, No Pain"
Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You're a lot fatter than I am. That should be faster, not fatter. I pretty well have most everyone beat in the fat department.

Remember though Trace I have bolts holding my brackets on not rivets!

------------------
Paul Gagnon
"No Brain, No Pain"
Dead Link Removed

When I bought my 5.5 inch lift I got new bushings with the lift, didn't you get any with yours? If not how in the world did you use the Superlift brackets with your old bushings? Dead Link Removed

------------------
Ryan Penner
1992 Explorer Sport

No I did not get new bushings with my lift. The bushings are the same so the stock ones work just fine. Looking back on it now, I should have got new bushings when I lifted it. It would have been easier at that time. Still it was no trouble at all except for the dirt falling into my eyes. It actually took about 30 minutes a side because I had a hard time lining up the bolt holes to put it back together. Also had to wait for the cats to cool down.

------------------
Paul Gagnon
"No Brain, No Pain"
Dead Link Removed

ummmm... skittles here... the girlie-girl...

ummm how do you change the radius arm bushings and where are they? I think I have to do this to my 94 Explorer... well my boyfriend does... I just help and learn for now... I'll be looking in my Chilton's book and Haynes book but the last time I looked I didn't find any good diagrams to help me find them... Can someone help?

Thanks
*smiles*
*loving my explorer even with the vibrations*
skittles

------------------
I'm just a girlie girl who *smiles* and *giggles* alot... *smiles*

Back