• Register Today It's free!

Radius arm idea

audiodude332001

Reaction score
City, State
Eau Claire,WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 explorer 5.0
Hey everyone. I am currently doing a dana 44 swap on my 86 F150, and I am trying to figure out an easy way to use heim joints for the ends of the radius arms. Do you think it would be possible for me to use a female heim joint and just thread it onto the end of the radius arm? I dont have a welder, or have access to a welder at the time being, so if this would work, then it would be great.
I am thinking of something like this:
jfxjfx40.gif

Thanks,
Andy

Yeah you could a heim on it, but where would you bolt to on the radius arm mounts?

thats right this will push the radius arm mounts back and you will need custom mounts built.
Check out DB-1 recent thread, he modified his aftermarket arms for heims and built some beefy mounts to accept them. A local fab shop can help you with this.

You may also choose to complete the swap now and look into getting more flex later....

I have an idea on how to fab up some radius arm mounts for this idea. I just think that mounting the radius arm brackets that I have right now is going to be a big pain because I will have to drill about 8 holes anyways, so why not go this way in the first place? But you all think the idea will work with the female heim joint threaded to the radius arm?

Back