• Register Today It's free!

radius arm picture

jboroxpo

Reaction score
City, State
jonesboro
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 eddie
Ive been reading some threads on here about radius arm bushings and how to replace them. i got out there and looked today and am a little confused. people have said that there are rivets that need to be drilled out and other stuff and i dont even see any rivets. im wondering if this has already been done to my expo since it is a 91 and there arent rivets anymore. does anyone have pictures from them removing radius bushings? preferably on an older model but newer ones might be just as useful.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There are no rivots on the radius arm themselves. What people are talking about is the radius arm crossmember.

This is a pic of a drop down radium arm bracket.
radius_arm_bracket.jpg

that is what is rivoted to the frame. Are you changing all the bushings? or just the radium arm ones?

If you also chaning the bushing on the beam ends than I wouldn't worry about removing the rivots on the radius arm bracket. Also if you don't have air tools I would just unbolt the front to get the radius arms out.. Without air tools or a cutting torch you are going to have fun getting out those bolts.

What kind of drop brackets are those....they dont look anything like mine.
also how much drop are they

Ryan

think the site I got them off said they were superlift 6" brackets

NusenseSD said:
think the site I got them off said they were superlift 6" brackets

did they come with a kit or did you buy those seperate

if you got them seperate how much did you pay for them

Ryan

Those aren't mine.. Thats just a pic I found on the internet..

The person wanted to know where the rivots are so I searched google for a pic of a radius arm.. That where I got that pic from.. Not sure if thats a ranger/B2/Explorer drop down or one thats made for a full size..

Here is a picture of stock radius arm frame brackets with the rivot positions circled. If this bracket doesn't have any rivots then someone previously removed them.
18205Radius_Arm_Frame_Brackets_rivots.jpg

Back