• Register Today It's free!

radius arm upgrade ? for a 91 4x4

phatmanforya

Reaction score
City, State
riverside, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991, explorer, xlt, 4x4
Does anybody know of a company that makes radius arms that will replace the bushings with a heim joint?

I found a kit that has one, kit description, picture of kit, but it’s for a ranger and I’m not sure it will fit the 91 4x4 ex; I also don’t have the money for a lift right now.

One more thing, if I got a lift later would I then have to change the radius arm again or will it stay the same?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The link you posted is from Camburg and it gives you a 5" lift and is for the Explorer with the TTB D35 front. James Duff also has a new Radius arm design for the 91 to 94 Explorers. James Duff told me on the phone that the arms are designed to work with a lift up to 6".

is their anyone else that makes a kit. I just want to know my options before laying out my hard earnd cash.

Skyjacker, Superlift, Rancho, James Duff and Camburg are the only ones I can think of right now that make extended radius arms.

James Duff is the best and they informed me on the phone as well that they will work with any lift kit and any height. i do not have these but seriously considered them before i decided to start on a dana 60 f&r conversion. they have great products i ahve on of their bumpers it is true quality.

Maybe i'll hold off on upgrading. I have too many porjects and not enough money any way.

I may just save my money till I can aford the porformance off-road system by camburg (second system down ).

Or even better yet I'll save the money for the tools I've wanted for 3 years now; you know, the usual: plasma cuter, tig welder, Pro Tools 105 ( or 105SB)tube bender ( this is important for one of my other projects), band saw, and other various fabrication tools.

Humm decisions decisions. :confused:

Back