• Register Today It's free!

Rail vs. Convoy

drumguru1

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
I think I read something on an earlier post about this but someone please clarify. Rail means rail and convoy means truck right? My sales guy seems to think that the vehicle will be coming in on rail but my window sticker says convoy or do I have that completly wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think I read something on an earlier post about this but someone please clarify. Rail means rail and convoy means truck right? My sales guy seems to think that the vehicle will be coming in on rail but my window sticker says convoy or do I have that completly wrong?

Thanks in advance!

It's all the same, I mean you are right but they all say Convoy it seems. I know they go by rail and then by truck unless your dealer is next to the tracks! HA :D

I figured its just that I pulled up a different window sticker that said rail and then i heard that Ford was using trucks now along with rail to speed the process up so I didn;t know if that changed anything

Thanks in advance!
I’m sorry I missed this thread before and even though you already picked up your order, I wanted to clarify this. Yes, when it says “Rail” that means it is being transported by railroad and “Convoy” is truck. I hope you’re enjoying your Explorer!

Cory

I’m sorry I missed this thread before and even though you already picked up your order, I wanted to clarify this. Yes, when it says “Rail” that means it is being transported by railroad and “Convoy” is truck. I hope you’re enjoying your Explorer!

Cory
I hope my wife is enjoying it too! Shes a bit overwhelmed with all the tech but in about 2 months she will be asking me how we ever drove without it. Hahaha.

I hope my wife is enjoying it too! Shes a bit overwhelmed with all the tech but in about 2 months she will be asking me how we ever drove without it. Hahaha.
You’re right, she’ll get used to it in no time! While she’s learning all the technology, let me know if there are any questions you’d like me to look into!

Cory

Even though the window sticker says 'CONVOY', it still may come by rail. My Ex showed up in Norfork, VA yesterday and was offloaded at the rail depot, even though the sticker said otherwise.

My guess is they are going to get it to you based on what is efficient, where they have capacity and volume.

Back