Rain entered air ducts 2013 XLT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rain entered air ducts 2013 XLT

Beneastman

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 explorer XLT
We had a downpour last night with my car parked outside. As I backed out the sloped driveway about 1/3rd to 1/2 cup of water poured out of the left front ac vent onto the floor. I have to park my Explorer uncovered under a live oak. Here is my guess. Live oak trees drop leaves, acorns and other garbage fluff especially in the spring. I clean the well below the windshield every day but junk still gets in. I am told that this trough has a drain in it. I am wondering if it has clogged letting water pool and get in the ac ductwork. If it is a clog how might I unclog it? I noticed some tiny holes on the drivers side just to the left of the grills. Any other opinions? Currently I don't have any other options for parking. Even parking on the street puts my beloved Explorer under the mighty oak. I have been thinking seriously about a car cover and need to do that. But any other thoughts on the clog or pooling issue?
Thanks.
All wet in Texas

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

this crap should NOT be happening to a 2013 car...seriously.....

A clogged A/C drain would find it's way to the floor boards and not the vents. It was probably built up condensation that came out the vents.

We had a downpour last night with my car parked outside. As I backed out the sloped driveway about 1/3rd to 1/2 cup of water poured out of the left front ac vent onto the floor...

It sounds like it's time for a trip to your dealership, Beneastman. Once you have a diagnosis, touch base with me if you need assistance and I'll be happy to check out some options. Keep us posted! :)

Crystal

Does anyone know how water drains out of the area at the base of the windshield where the wipers are? I had lots of leaves and junk and i think its holding water. Even if it has nothing to do with my problem im curious how it drains. 2013 explorer
Had another hard rain last night and water somehow got in and came out of driver side air vent when i backed out the driveway. ( sloping back) Dr Plastic i hear you about condensation...but this has never happened except for hard rains. Thanks

Back