• Register Today It's free!

rake?

01Strac

Reaction score
City, State
Bainbridge Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport Trac
i got a 3 inch TT and shackles on the back im thinkin about doing spindles up front i want the front to sit a little bit higher than the back would doing spindles in the front and leaving just the shackles in the back be to much of a rake or would it look ok?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

With 3" TT and shackles the front should sit slightly higher then the rear. I wouldn't wast the money on spindles unless you plan on going really high.

i wanna do 35s eventually and instead of doing the body lift i thought about doing spindles but wasnt sure how much of a lift it would get

If you wanna do 35's you should be able to get away witha 3" TT and shackles. Gonna need to do some major trimming without the body lift. If you're doing a 3" TT and spindles to fit the 35's better I'd do a Spring Over Axle instead of the shackles, this will allow the truck to be level and easily fit 35's without issue's.

i got 3 inches out of my TT but i thought SOA would lift it like 6 inches?

It will but i you do a lift spindle that gives you another 3"'s in the front, right.

That's exactly what I would have done if I was 2wd. Spindles w/ TT and spring over axle, no body lift and 35s. Been done before. If I'm not mistaken, I think that setup has been used with a body lift and fit 37s. Wasn't that black ST with the 350 setup like that?

Oh, and don't do 37s on the IFS. Not necessarily for anyone here at the moment, but this thread will probably be read in the future.

Don't do that!

If you did something like a Camburg 6.0 kit they claim to give about 6-8 inches of lift, and 10" of travel too. Just a thought.

Heres a pic of the type of Rake you can expect with the Camburg Kit...

524533metal-rake1.gif

Back