ram air intake kit | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ram air intake kit

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks to be a pretty good kit- the price isnt bad either

i doubt this is any better (performance wise) than any other after market cold air intake, but the price is pretty good

This kit appears to look pretty good in my eyes. That pipe is pretty big and I like the design.

The ONLY problem I see with it, is the bend in the tube right upstream from the maf--notice in the picture how the electrical connector to the maf is on the very top. Be sure to orient yours this way also.

Let us know how it works out please.

Will do. Only part I'm worried about is getting the factory air box out. I've tried before and was afraid I was going to break something. I will let everyone know how it works.

Will do. Only part I'm worried about is getting the factory air box out. I've tried before and was afraid I was going to break something. I will let everyone know how it works.

I'm pretty sure it's held in by rubber gromets. They can be hard to come out. Don't have your head in the way or you'll give yourself a black eye. :eek:

Just get a pair of needle nose pliars to squeeze the gromments inder the box; just have to convince it. looks like a nice setup for the right price.

where in the world does the filter sit?

u dont even need pliers for the box just give it a good yank

where in the world does the filter sit?

Right in the box where the blue filter is. same on 97s-01s all engines. Some might have a stock cone.

IM000865.jpg

But the end tube doesnt bolt up to where the stock box inlet is, the tubing faces down as if the tube goes somewhere under the truck or somethig

to the best of my knowlege, the inlet is just straight down, getting some forced air from the little opening behind the license plate. I havent seen a ram air kit with a cone filter, because ram airs have an inlet that is usually exposed directly to the oncomming air (ram air), forcing the air through a cylinder filter or a box located in either the stock postion or behind the passenger headlight. found this online one, courtsey yahoo search, shows the general idea of a ram air system.

http://www.corral.net/tech/powerplant/ram-cold-air.html

ebay seller was emailed, we shall see his reply

It figures, I go to order the kit, and they don't have the whole thing on there right now. The one i wanted was throttle body down, all that is on there now is maf down. Figures. :mad:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I cant believe they have numerous auctions for TB down and they have none in stock. Sounds kind of iffy....Im still wondering where the filter sits

Back