Ram Air Sucks | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ram Air Sucks

Gas that is. I went from 15-17 mpg stock to 12-14 mpg with a 4 in ram air and a K&N filter. I swear I watch the gas needle go down. I drive this truck every day for work. I think I need that resistor to trick the computer cause the actual air temp here has been around 30 degrees.m The computer is dumping gas in to richen it thinking the truck is still cold. But I tell ya the power is noticeable. I feel prety confident that I can beat most street cars where I live. Keep in mind Audi is a deformed belly button here. And Saab is what yer girlfriend does when yer drinkin.lol Anyways, I think that the resistor will kinda nullify the ram air, which its purpose is COLD air.My intake is in the pass fog light opening and is ducted into the bottom of the stock air box. This way it looks stock under the hood and it wails like a banshee when I press the go pedal. I'm hoping that if I put exhaust on with a X pipe, that might help. Good flow in, good flow out, good horsepower. Please comment on this, as I take my mods seriously. I have the only SSploder in my county.

Let's see a pic. It doesn't make sense to me. The resistor is just going to worsen your mileage and ruin parts. You've gotta have something else wrong.

Yeah a whole bunck of things. Thats why I,m modn it. The front and rear axles are both whining. The trans slips more than I think it should. Might just be the torque converter. It needs shocks,tires,rims,everything. I put 56000 mi on it in a year. I bought it last Nov with 70000 on it. I thought it might be something else, but no codes or lights are going off. It could be resistance from the gears. Or bad tires. But it didnt do that until the ram kit was on. I dont have any pics yet, my camera broke. I cant make up my mind if I want to go up or down with it. I was going down, but winter is here and I had to cross a flooded road. I turned around and went back, not wanting to suck water up in my intake.

Back