• Register Today It's free!

Rancho 2 1/2" ????

jiimi

Reaction score
City, State
St. Mary's County, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 4door 4wd XLT
Im looking for a small lift sus lift for my 92. Was thinking of a shackle, coil, add a leaf type either shackles adda leaf for the rear, and a coil spacer, new coil for the front.
For a total of 2" in the front, and 3"-4" in the rear depending on how much i get out of the shackles. First off, with the extra hight in the rear create a problem?

I know this is how the skyjacker 2" lifts work, (add aleaf, and coils) But how does the Rancho 2 1/2 " kit work, same way just different name? or what. thankx

I've got the Rancho 2.5" lift on my Ranger. It's very well built. Never had a problem with it. I've never seen a Skyjacker so I can't compare.

I think the Rancho is pricy compared to the jacker. You will also end up with a better ride. I new a guy who had extended radius arms on his 91 sport with only a 2.5" lift. While Skyjacker just goes and adds new coils and lengthens everything. I added coil spacers yesterday before that the butt was higher. Click on my sig for pics and if you have any questions I would be glad to help. Like The coil spring nut was 1 1/8". I had to make 2 trips and bought 3 wrenches :)

check out the www.jamesduff.com lift for the X.... it is 2.5 and has drop down brackets and things.... it is really good quality. Kris Guilbeaux has it... he swears by it.....

Back