• Register Today It's free!

Rancho 9000 ?????

Mcane6

Reaction score
City, State
Carrollton, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 sport 4x4
where can i get the rancho 9000's and in cab system for my 96 sport?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thanks guys

found 4 rancho 9000 shocks and in-cab system for $377 plus shipping
sound like a good deal

the in cab system is a waste of $$$ and time and routing.
UNLESS you are putting these on a Superduty that will tow daily, skip the in cab adjuster.

The in cab system uses plastic air lines that must be run to all 4 shocks, it needs an air compressor and well its ugly and a PITA.
I have NEVER met anyone who installed it and used it or kept it.

ONce you adjsut the shocks you dont need to adjust them again unless you are going to tow often or hit the trail.
When I hit the trail I adjust the shocks at the same time I am disco'ing the sway bar.
The air lines are just something else that can go wrong and more crap to route in and out of the truck.
I was in the same boat as you years ago, somebody told me this same thing, and I am glad they did. The in cab is for superduties IMO.

410Fortune said:
ONce you adjsut the shocks you dont need to adjust them again unless you are going to tow often or hit the trail.

I adjust my 9000s ( manually ) for different weight capacities ( heavy scuba tanks in the rear, 2 or 4 passengers, different trailers ). I love the adjust ability.

well my dad already ordered them today so guess ill decide on what to do with the incab system next week when it gets here. He got the whole setup for $402 shipped to my door.

Thanks for the info on it though guys.

I'v got the 9000's with the in cab control.. The cab control is a poorly designed hunk of junk IMO. My biggest beef is that it tends to leaks down over a day or two. Not that thats a real big deal but for the price you pay you should be able to pump it up and leave it for weeks.. Just be sure to use lots of thread locker on all the brass fittings. When you think you have them tight, tighten them another half turn. That having been said it is nice to be able to control the ride at the push of a button.

If you have an Advance Auto Parts store around by you they have them. Where did you find it for $377 plus ship?

on ebay from sportztrailers.com but reg. from there store its only like $385 plus 25 shipping

so still a good deal bc i think the cheapest over that i found was almost $500

5.0L96Exp said:
I'v got the 9000's with the in cab control.. The cab control is a poorly designed hunk of junk IMO. My biggest beef is that it tends to leaks down over a day or two. Not that thats a real big deal but for the price you pay you should be able to pump it up and leave it for weeks.. Just be sure to use lots of thread locker on all the brass fittings. When you think you have them tight, tighten them another half turn. That having been said it is nice to be able to control the ride at the push of a button.

if they are leaking down like that there is a problem, take some soapy water and find your leak and fix it, but i dont think the incab is worth the time and money, on the few vehicles ive installed them i havent noticed that great of a difference between 1 and 9, except on the suburban which even then i dont think its very useful, i put the rs 5000s on for that reason, spent 120 bucks total.

Soap and water doesn’t tell you much unless there’s a majour leak!!!. I tested the whole system under water before I installed it and found that the T fittings seem to leak a bubble the size of a pinhead about every 3-5 min. Over the several days all those little bubbles add up . IMO there is a big difference between 1 and 9. Its like driving a Lincon Towncar at 1, pump it up and your loosing teeth. It is especially noticeable when driving down un-maintained logging roads. Set at 9 parts start falling off the truck but set at 2-3 all the jarring and pounding are taken out of the ride. Just my 2c.

of the systems ive installed they dont leak, just make sure you juse teflon tape and tighten them well, they dont leak down at all,

HUGE difference between 1 and 9 on my truck, heck I can feel the difference between 6 and 8

Xzibit A said:
if, on the few vehicles ive installed them i havent noticed that great of a difference between 1 and 9

I can feel a vast difference in 1 and 9; I can usually tell a difference in any two numbers apart.

well im hoping ill have it here by the weekend and then i can get them on. Then ill let yall know how the system works out.
Bout how long should i plan to install the shocks and incab?

shocks on a Gen II take about an hour or possibly two depending on your abilities/tools and how frozen the stock bolts are.

the in cab, well plan the rest of the day, running air lines, running them into the cab, mounting the gages, etc, take your time doing this. Be careful so the air lines dotn get cut, burned, or rub on things that might cause a hole down the road.

Also dont make the in cab installtion to permanent, like I said everyone I know who has tried it, removed it.

It will take more time to route the lines into the truck than to install the shocks them selves.

You can shorten the time to get the front shicks off by cutting ( sawzall )them below the top mount.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does anyone have pictures of the control unit mounted in their X? If so can you post them.

Back