• Register Today It's free!

Rancho quick lift and spacers?!?

renzAy34134

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Myers Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer Eddie Bauer
Hey guys Right now I have a 2007 expy 2wd. I have truxxx spacer so its 2 inch rear 2.25 back on 32's.

I know people have had roadbully spacers at 3" front and back. Anyone think I can get the rancho quicklift 1" lift and put my truxxx spacer on it for 3 inches in front and 3.25 in rear?
Would the ball joint angles be too severe? I know thats a big problem with lifting too high and not modifying enough. But just curious if it would work.

Currently going to 3" body lift anyway. I really just wanna be able to jam some 34's maybe some 35's underneath.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Remember that spacers that are X inches in height give more than that in lift. I figured it out a while back and it's actually about 1.5 times the height of the spacer that the suspension gets moved down.

I believe that the QL shocks actually give the amount of lift they advertise, so just add that in to what you calculate from your spacers.

Regardless, your front upper control arms are probably going to be maxed out with that combo. You won't be able to align it, and it will probably not ride great either. Also your rear axles will likely grind and bind on the hoops in the frame.

I'd say keep your spacer lift and do the body lift, or do the QL and the body lift.

EDIT: or better yet, if you still want those 35's, put a solid axle in the rear and a longtravel up front :)

what is a longtravel? assuming its a type of axel or spring type to allow for more than normal travel? Is a sas hard to do ona 4th gen. I dont think ive ever seen anyone do one on a 4th gen x. I am fairly mechanically inclined. I dont mind getting my hands dirty and figuring stuff out the hard way... but I just wanna know what im getting myself into if I decide to do this the right way.

I have this combination (Truxxx + Rancho QuickLift Loaded) on my Explorer

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums//showpost.php?p=2738132&postcount=10

the total lift with tires (265/70R17) compared to stock is only 3.74"

Given that the tries is contributing with about 1" lifting, so Rancho QL is contributing only 0.24"

So as you see the Rancho QL has settled down

but I like this combinations so much, handling has improved greatly specially on off road. also the ride quality has improved compared to Truxxx + Stock Shocks

thats awesome to hear. Yea total lift kit with mine is around 3" with my tires and truxxx lift. so with the rancho ill get a little more. I think I might have to pull the trigger on these. How much did they run you?

I stand corrected then :) Thanks Electrician for clarifying :thumbsup:

I have this combination (Truxxx + Rancho QuickLift Loaded) on my Explorer

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums//showpost.php?p=2738132&postcount=10

the total lift with tires (265/70R17) compared to stock is only 3.74"

Given that the tries is contributing with about 1" lifting, so Rancho QL is contributing only 0.24"

So as you see the Rancho QL has settled down

but I like this combinations so much, handling has improved greatly specially on off road. also the ride quality has improved compared to Truxxx + Stock Shocks

you are welcome Ronin8002

just one thing

these are Rancho Quick Lift Loaded (pre-assembled with coil springs and mounts)

I'm not using OEM coil springs

thats awesome to hear. Yea total lift kit with mine is around 3" with my tires and truxxx lift. so with the rancho ill get a little more. I think I might have to pull the trigger on these. How much did they run you?

I bought the QL from http://www.4wheelparts.com/ for USD735.96$

Back