Rancho Quick Lift for 3rd gen explorers | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rancho Quick Lift for 3rd gen explorers

ghurst10

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 XLT
For everyone out there interested in lifting their 3rd gen explorer, I would definently look into the Rancho Quick Lift. Rancho makes the Quick Lift struts for the 02-05 Explorers and you can adjust the struts to get anywhere from 1-2.5 inches of lift. I just ordered a pair for the front of my '02 Explorer XLT, hoping to level it out with a 2.5 inch lift and then eventually get a pair of Quick Lift struts for the rear as well in order to fit some 32's. Here's a great website to order from(and they have free shipping!): http://www.central4wd.com/category.aspx?page=id%7C49405
I'll post some pics once the lift is complete.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you order already?

yeah I just ordered today

Did they give you an expect-by date?

No I don't think so but it's shipping from California so it should be either the end of this week or the beginning of next week.

You do know that these have been promised since 10/2006? They haven't released a 3rd gen version yet, even though it's advertised?

Yeah I had heard about that so I went to a 4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers store near my house and they verified for me that Rancho does make the Quick lift for the 3rd gen Explorers and they had them in stock there but I found them cheaper online.

If they have them in stock, you should go with that... The wholesaler can deal directly to you? When they arrive, please let it be known. A wholesaler here said the same thing to me in September or so last year... promised they would be in by the 3rd week of the month - never materialized.

No the wholesaler didn't deal directly to me, I found them on a seperate website for cheaper than they were at the wholesaler. I will definently let it be known once the quick lift struts are delivered and I install them.

We will all be waiting...

However, if they push back the release date again, you will be told "another few weeks or so" and then same after that. The wholesaler here said he had them on back order... and he did, but that's just on paper. They should look very nice once installed... :popcorn:

What is the lift for, clearance for bigger tires, just a lift or both?

Well if the whole thing does fall through like you said happened to you, I'll probably just order from coilsprings.com. And I'm mainly looking to make room for bigger tires and to give my explorer a more off road look.

They cost about the same... the only thing is you are guaranteed your coils will arrive from Coilsprings. I did my vehicle like that for the same reasons as you... but mostly for the larger tires and rims, then I got hooked and kept going... How high will your lift be?

2.5 inches up front and about 1 inch in the rear

Nice! And the QL is adjustable, so if you get those, you can customize at anytime.

Are we sure the lift is adjustable? I thought it was just supposed to give up to a 2 1/2" lift and the "ride" is adjustable like the RS9000's.

I hope you get them quick! Let us know

Adjustable... they have a hook up that you can use to change the ride quality and height. But that's for other vehicles... don't know what they plan for Exs.

one upside to ordering from coilsprings and not rancho, the price deficit is huge... 200 bucks versus like 500-700... sounds like the obvious rational choice is clear

Also, if the vehicle as auto ride control or is awd, Rancho is a no go. GoRancho.com shows a list of vehicle wanted for testing - there isn't a Ford in the list, but they still advertise this for 3rd gens. On the cost, it depends: $160-$200 per QL x 4; if you need new struts (recommended if time) + coilsprings, the cost is comparable. If the struts are ready to be changed, then now would be the time to do it.

rancho. i hate that entire company.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Understood...

They are among a list of companies that have left Explorers out of R&D for their products. But Ford is partly to blame because they have made mods so difficult that no one wants to invest dollars on Exs. Toyota, Jeep, Hummer, that's where the money is. Something as simple as a tire size increase, and they want to void warranties... and with the new Exs, Ford has made them less rugged than the other makers have made their suvs.

Back