• Register Today It's free!

Rancho Quicklift on Sport Trac?

blksn8k

Reaction score
City, State
Clinton, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Sport Trac Limited 4x4
Decided I better ask this in the actual ST forum since it wasn't getting any responses in the regular Explorer forum...

I have a 2007 Sport Trac and am interested in the loaded Rancho QL's. Has anyone actually installed these on a 2nd gen Sport Trac? Front and rear? Retailer's websites list them for the 06-10 Explorer but not the Sport Trac. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

OK, then can anyone explain what the potential differences are between the Explorer rear suspension and that on the same year Sport Trac? Are the upper strut/spring mounts different? They use the same struts so is there something different about the spring mount? Is there any difference in the halfshaft "window" length or position in the frame rail? Or is it just the spring rate? I assume the ST would use a higher rate rear spring because of its higher GVWR and ability to carry stuff in the bed.

Thanks. They use the same basic illustration for both vehicles. If you click on the individual parts in the tree on the right, with the exception of the shocks, the illustrations don't have the full part numbers so is not possible to tell if there is any significant difference between the same type of part for the Explorer vs the Sport Trac. However, the parts do have different prices depending on the application. The only part that doesn't have a different price is the upper spring mounting bracket, if that means anything.

The upper strut mount should be compatible. I say this because the Truxxx lift spacers (front and rear) are the same part number between the 2006-2010 Explorers and 2007-2010 Sport Tracs.

I suspect the difference between the two vehicles is the spring rate and/or shock valving. For the Ranchos you can adjust the valving to best match the vehicle. Only way to know is try it and see I guess.

That's pretty much what I thought. I am tempted to try these since my right front strut is making some thumping noises on the pothole infested roads here in balmy Ohio. Truck just recently passed the 75k mile mark so its about time for new struts anyway.
I've also been running 265/65/18 BFG's since new and am hoping the Rancho's will help with the slight rubbing on the rear tires when hitting big bumps while fully loaded.
I have a new set of KYB's but I am not impressed with the fact that they came without new upper bushings and basically no new mounting hardware other than the upper nut. One of the boxes was open when they were delivered while I was at work and the damn nut was missing from that box. I plan on returning those.
The KYB's are struts only so the Rancho's should actually be an easier install since they come with new springs, etc. already mounted on the struts. Big difference in price but I would be gaining adjustable struts, new springs and at least an extra inch of tire clearance. These are also compatible with Rancho's MyRide wireless remote control.

Back