Rancho QuickLift with MyRide Controller ordered! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rancho QuickLift with MyRide Controller ordered!

Reaction score
City, State
Pasco WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer Limited
just ordered the lift kit aswell i bought the myride with it from JcWhitney for $919 after a coupon code saving me $156... i was hopeing someone that has the kit is still active on the site to give me some pointers on install... also i cant seem to find a location for the air compressor since it has to be mounted inside... any thoughts? aswell when it arrives i will do a write up on the install...

BTW heres my explorer
432286_319771551395222_100000871385781_859880_1600018546_n.jpg

Did you get the Wireless remote System or the Gauged setup?

I had the Wireless Remote System on my lifted '03 Sport Trac with the 9000XL's.

I ended up selling the kit and shocks after 3 years of use to another member for $150.

When you install the kit just make sure you don't have any air leaks anywhere or the compressor will keep running. Leave extra airline going to each shock for suspension travel and keep it away from anthing that might pinch it or pull it out of the connection.

I had the compressor in the bed of my truck but had a wooden box built I built to cover it. You can install bolt it inside one of the side rear cubby's or get a plastic battery box and mount that to the undercarriage out of the way somewhere.

yea im getting the remote system... so why did you sell it? i have a bad back and want to smooth out the ride on long trips so i thought this would help aswell as i tow with mine....

I sold it becuase I planned on doing a SAS, SOA but that got pushed back abit. I had already taken the shocks and system off and replaced with Monroe Sensatrac's.

the roads out in the Tri-Cities are nice, flat and smooth man. I actually grew up out in Hermiston, Stanfield, Oregon and Bellingham, Washington. Have family all over out there, really wish I still lived out there. I hate living in Pa but my wife's family is all out here so maybe one day I'll get back out there.

The 9000XL's are awesome for towing, city driving, highway and offroading. Atleast on my Sport Trac they were. They should work really nicely on the newer Ex.

Back