• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Randall's SAS #2

HQ0.jpg

HQ01.jpg

HQ02.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Isles4evr

Elite Explorer<br>ECX Member
Reaction score
City, State
Mechanicsville, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XL 2dr
SAS #2, What the heck is this about? I thought you already had an awsome HP44 with an Ox.

Hotweels

Reaction score
City, State
Calgary,AB
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 EB
Isles4evr said:
SAS #2, What the heck is this about? I thought you already had an awsome HP44 with an Ox.

pay attention now.... that's a hi pinion D60.... i smell link's a'comin :bounce:

Isles4evr

Reaction score
City, State
Mechanicsville, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XL 2dr
Yeah now that I pay attention to the knuckels I can see. Oh boy it's done be mean now :fire: .

Randall

Demon4x4 Member
Reaction score
City, State
Mo. City, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Demon Edition
Callsign
KF5ZXT
Isles4evr said:

I do have an hp d44 in the front, but I took the ox out in favor of a detroit. But, I scored this here hp d60 with 5.13's, detroit, warn 35 spline 4340 outers, 35 spline sno-fighter inners, warn drive flanges, 1410 yoke, cheap. I am going full width next time. I'll probably go with a dana 70u or a 35 spline d60 for the rear. Radius arm style 4 link front, 3 link rear.

Isles4evr

Reaction score
City, State
Mechanicsville, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XL 2dr
Damn, I can't wait to see the progress pics. Why did you remove the Ox, not happy with it? And what did you do with it?

Chris

AspenX

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Garland, TX Aspen,Co
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 EB 4x4,04 Z06 Corvette
Way to go! :chug:

Hotweels

Reaction score
City, State
Calgary,AB
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 EB
MuddWhore said:
I do have an hp d44 in the front, but I took the ox out in favor of a detroit. But, I scored this here hp d60 with 5.13's, detroit, warn 35 spline 4340 outers, 35 spline sno-fighter inners, warn drive flanges, 1410 yoke, cheap. I am going full width next time. I'll probably go with a dana 70u or a 35 spline d60 for the rear. Radius arm style 4 link front, 3 link rear.

so do you plan on going with a fuel cell where the spare tire mounted? i have hashed this over with a few friend's and it look's like i would need to put a crossmember thru my fuel tank for proper geometry in a 4link also the diff's offset become's a problem with the pinion clearing the corner of the tank that's why it's taken me so long to get anywhere lately, my guy has just started building the custom 9" housing :bounce: just FYI the 8.8 has a 4" offset to the passenger side ;)

CHH777

Once...
Reaction score
City, State
Houston, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Mazda Navajo LX 4x4
So Randall,

What D44 parts do you have to sell me? :bounce:

Trckmagik

Ole Bag
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Celina, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
No kidding! I need dana 44 parts. I have a early bronco axle but no shafts, radius arms, etc.

Randall

Demon4x4 Member
Reaction score
City, State
Mo. City, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Demon Edition
Callsign
KF5ZXT
Damn, Conyl, you haven't finished that SAS yet? I thought you said you could get it done in a weekend! ;)

Trckmagik said:
No kidding! I need dana 44 parts. I have a early bronco axle but no shafts, radius arms, etc.

Sorry, but the d44 is staying in until everything else is ready. There is a guy in town, another customer of TAG's with a cherokee, that is looking for a d44 front and 8.8 rear. If that falls through I will let you know, unless of course you top his offer. ;)

CHH777

Once...
Reaction score
City, State
Houston, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Mazda Navajo LX 4x4
SAS is done. I just noticed you eBay'd the Detroit. :(

SVO

Moderator Emeritus/Doctor
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Bastrop/Austin, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
Turbocharged Navajo LX
Man you are sick! ;)

I just wish you would get to a point where you would come back out and wheel with us again, BTW who's doing your cage? TAG?

crazyflights

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
St. Joseph, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 1 ton Jeep
Great to see you back at it!! Ready to see some photos on truck!

SuRrEaLNJ

hail to the king, baby!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
out of my mind...
Year, Model & Trim Level
MUNK 07 Focus 97 XL1200C
get to it allready!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

CHH777

Once...
Reaction score
City, State
Houston, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Mazda Navajo LX 4x4
Welcome back Randall. I'm slowly getting back into the sport again myself (divorce is final!) :party: :smokinfro

BTW, I need a source for heim joints.

:feedback: