Random upgrades while being repaired. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Random upgrades while being repaired.

nathansmith50

Reaction score
City, State
grand rapids, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 PIU
So while my PIU is in the garage for probable engine replacement. I figure no time like the present to make other "adjustments". Like changing from column to console shift. The other major/ish change I want to make is something akin to SYNC. From what I understand it is either impossible or very nearly so to make a non SYNC vehicle into one. So I don't necessarily need the HVAC controls and whatnot included. So I guess all I need is a touch screen audio head unit with NAV. I've seen some on Amazon, ebay, alibaba etc...

Anyone done it? any of these any good?

Would you mind taking some pics or the shifter relocation process. It’s been on my to do list for a while but haven’t really dug into it enough to fully map it out. I need to sort out the wiring from the column to console but beyond that it looks pretty straight forward. I’ve just been dealing with the PTU lately and been focused on that issue. Probably going to be replacing that next.

Need a hand? I’m over on the lakeshore so depending on when you were doing this I might be able to help if you wanted some extra hands.just PM if you’re interested.

Back