Randy's '97XLT SOHC before & after | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Randy's '97XLT SOHC before & after

So here is my new explorer...

I bought it totalled the day after Christmas. I wish I had some pics of it before it was fixed, but I didn't get the chance to take any. It was hit on the drivers side front end pretty hard. I finally got it on March 15th, but had to take it back to the shop cause the front driveshaft was bent.

here it is stock....well, I put the yakima racks on there...but that was the only change up to this point
Dead Link Removed

then came the K&N...
Dead Link Removed

next came the tt/shackles, safari bar, and bf goodrich 31's....
Dead Link Removed

and here it is completed with piaa lights, carbon fiber graphics, and everything above (this will probably be my icon once I go elite here in a few days...)
Dead Link Removed

and a couple more pics while it was clean...
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed

and I really love this pic...
Dead Link Removed

Plans for the next couple of weeks:
removing the running boards
possibly a rear locker

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sweet, looks like the shop did a pretty good job repairing the truck. I really like that carbon fiber on the side. Looks good! Removing the boards is definately a good idea.

Great looking ride!

It's amazing how just a few little mods can transform a grocery getter into something respectable. Great looking truck weebo. You might think about moving those $$$ Piaas higher up to protect them.

yeah, I'd love to have them higher up. I didn't know the safari bar was going to be so low. But, I'm not sure where to mount them. maybe I could weld some tabs on the upper part of the bar and hang them from it. not sure what to do. my plans were to leave them where they're at and also add another set of maybe 4" piaa's hanging from the upper bar.

Where did you get the cool looking decal?Can you get that in different colors?

I made it. I've got a buddy that owns a sign & graphics shop, so I hang out there a few hours almost everyday. I can get basically anything made...any color you would choose. I could probably do a set of the side 'explorer x' ones for about $25.00 (shipping included.)

I will be getting back to you real soon.Thanks alot Brad in Iowa

I'm defintely up for a set of white explorers stickers like you have there........let me know when you can get them

PS: Nice lookin rig

kinnish....I could send them out Monday. Do you use paypal? I've got an account on there... weebo@iglou.com is my account name. Or send me a money order for $25 to:
Randy Hammond
172 Peaceful Way
Shepherdsville, KY 40165

Include your shipping address.

Let me know if you want different sizes or any other special decals. One idea I had was to do the larger X in an outline like the explorer is...

about the decals....I can do the standard vinyl colors for $15 per set plus shipping & handling. The carbon fiber adds $5 per set.

Het weebo, can you get some made the same as yours only white? I'm assuming that the other side looks the same? If so i'll send you a money order tonight or tommorrow!

sure thing johnny 5! I'm at the shop now...we've got white, red, blue, green yellow, orange, burgundy, purple, gray, bronze, and several other standard vinyls. Also we have carbon fiber, gold metallic, white reflective, red reflective, silver metallic, and silver sparkle. These colors are $5 extra.

And yes, both side are the same. Installation is very simple...just peel the two pieces of material apart that we send you, stick on the facing piece which will have the decal affixed to it, rub it down, and then peel off the paper tape.

Send me your address and which color you're getting with the payment. If you're sending a money order then just add $5 for shipping and handling. If it ends up being less than $5 then I'll send your change with the decals.

Thanks.

*wow...I had no idea these would be this popular*

You should post some pics of the different colors. I would like to see the 2 silver colors. May help to convince more people to buy them too.

looks nice

Sent you the money yesterday

I'll be taking pics of the vinyls that we have tomorrow morning. I'll also be coming up with a price sheet to go along with them. The metallics will be a little more expensive due to the cost of the material. I'm basically doing these at cost as I had no idea that people would be interested in them.

Thanks...and tell your friends!!!

Randy

Randy, where did you get the black bumper trim at or is it just painted, i like that!

Happy trails!!

Hmmm. I didn't know it wasn't stock. It's not painted, so they must have salvaged it from another explorer. I know they used some parts from a couple of different explorers when they rebuilt mine....a '96, '97, and '98 I believe. Maybe the bumper came from one of those? Hmm...something to think about....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Jon...your white explorer X decals will be shipping out today. Thanks a bunch!

Back