• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

ranger acelleration

c2greyhawk

Reaction score
City, State
Poway
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 xlt sport stepside ran
Thanks for the add. As a first post i might ask what is the acceleration rate of a 1999 4.0l auto xlt ranger / or similar?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Mike65

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
In my garage working on one of our vehicles.
City, State
Toms River, NJ / Horsepasture, Virginia.
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Ranger 4x4, 99 Sport.
c2greyhawk, welcome to the forum. I have a 00 4.0L auto Ranger 4x4 XLT & the acceleration is OK not great. The 4.0 SOHC in my wife's 99 Explorer Sport has better acceleration.

c2greyhawk

Reaction score
City, State
Poway
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 xlt sport stepside ran
c2greyhawk, welcome to the forum. I have a 00 4.0L auto Ranger 4x4 XLT & the acceleration is OK not great. The 4.0 SOHC in my wife's 99 Explorer Sport has better acceleration.
Thanks for the quick get back. I did find this and it is what I was asking for Compare Cars by 0 to 60 & Quarter Mile Specs Covers a wide range of vechicles.

RangerX

Elite Ranger
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Omao, Kauai
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Ranger XLT 4X4
The acceleration feel is mostly determined by the axle gear ratio, assuming the engine and trans are in normal running condition.
What’s your gear ratio?

Mike65

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
In my garage working on one of our vehicles.
City, State
Toms River, NJ / Horsepasture, Virginia.
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Ranger 4x4, 99 Sport.
Both my Ranger & my wife's Explorer Sport both have the 4:10 rears. I did a Google search & it stated that the 99 4.0 SOHC motor has 210 bhp, & the 00 4.0 ohv motor has 160 bhp.