• Register Today It's free!

ranger acelleration

c2greyhawk

Reaction score
City, State
Poway
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 xlt sport stepside ran
Thanks for the add. As a first post i might ask what is the acceleration rate of a 1999 4.0l auto xlt ranger / or similar?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

c2greyhawk, welcome to the forum. I have a 00 4.0L auto Ranger 4x4 XLT & the acceleration is OK not great. The 4.0 SOHC in my wife's 99 Explorer Sport has better acceleration.

c2greyhawk, welcome to the forum. I have a 00 4.0L auto Ranger 4x4 XLT & the acceleration is OK not great. The 4.0 SOHC in my wife's 99 Explorer Sport has better acceleration.
Thanks for the quick get back. I did find this and it is what I was asking for Compare Cars by 0 to 60 & Quarter Mile Specs Covers a wide range of vechicles.

The acceleration feel is mostly determined by the axle gear ratio, assuming the engine and trans are in normal running condition.
What’s your gear ratio?

Both my Ranger & my wife's Explorer Sport both have the 4:10 rears. I did a Google search & it stated that the 99 4.0 SOHC motor has 210 bhp, & the 00 4.0 ohv motor has 160 bhp.

Back