• Register Today It's free!

ranger front clip?

96f-ex

Reaction score
City, State
cincinnati ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 ford explorer
ive seen a popular swap on the ranger mini trucks is an explorer front clip. i was wondering how if at all possible to put a gen 4 ranger front clip on a gen 2 explorer?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think the big parts you need are both front fenders, Hood, header pannel, grill, and lights. As far as swapping idk if they'll fit, but if they're doing it to rangers for the explorer front end I don't see y it wont work the other way around.I've done the mercury swap on an explorer its not too hard just time consuming with getting all the gaps right. There is a lot of trial and try again to get it right.

O yeah don't forget the bumper!!

thanks for the input!
ive just never seen a ranger front end swap on an explorer and i thought a gen 4 ranger front end on an explorer would look mean as hell

or possibly pre runner fenders with the newer gens powerdome hood would look good. but thats just my opinion

thanks for the input!
ive just never seen a ranger front end swap on an explorer and i thought a gen 4 ranger front end on an explorer would look mean as hell
I know this is an old thread, but I've always thought this myself. I don't really know why so many Ranger guys swap to the Explorer front. I don't like the headlights and grill of the Gen 2 Explorer, but I like the vehicle. A 3rd gen Ranger front end would look pretty sweet on one. I miss my Explorer, and I've thought of finding another one and doing this very swap, along with a good lift.

Back