• Register Today It's free!

ranger lifts for sport tracs

topofffun

Reaction score
City, State
Neenah, Wi
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Explorer 4 door
I may be completly off base here. But has anyone tried the ranger lifts for sport tracs. Basically i want to know if the front end geometry is the same? RCD make a coil over conversion kit for the ranger. I would love to put it on my ST.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello hello.
98+ rangers and 95-01 Explorer lift kits (for the front) work the same on the ST.

I've seen a few RCD kits, and quite a few superlift kits on sport tracs.
There is a trailmaster kit out there, but you don't want it. It is basically the same as superlift, except it doesn't come with new knuckles. Instead it's a balljoint spacer of some sort.
Of course performances accessories makes a 3" body lift.

There is a difference in the Ranger and Explorer lift kits. The ranger has smaller rotors, so if you use a kit for a ranger you will need to get ranger rotors. I have the Superlift kit on my ST, and I also have coilovers to. I got lucky and got the shock mounts from RCD, and bought Fox coilovers. IMO since the ST is much heavier than the Ranger I would not want to get smaller brake rotors, especially since you will lift the truck and then put bigger and heavier tires on it.

Here is the thread where we discussed doing this conversion. It looks like I am the only ST with this conversion so far.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186393

Chad

Will the PA Body lift work for an 2005 Sport trac, i see they only make it for 01-02 or something like that?

Will the PA Body lift work for an 2005 Sport trac, i see they only make it for 01-02 or something like that?

Yes, the PA body lift will work on an 05. That is the kit I have on my sport trac.
The only thing the kit and instructions leave out is that you will need to find something to hold the A/C line away from the lower pully, forget which one, basically just away from the serpentine belt. I used a huge zip tie.
I then had a hitch cut and re-drilled to sit higher, and had a custom from hitch made.

There is a difference in the Ranger and Explorer lift kits. The ranger has smaller rotors, so if you use a kit for a ranger you will need to get ranger rotors. I have the Superlift kit on my ST, and I also have coilovers to. I got lucky and got the shock mounts from RCD, and bought Fox coilovers. IMO since the ST is much heavier than the Ranger I would not want to get smaller brake rotors, especially since you will lift the truck and then put bigger and heavier tires on it.

Chad

You're right about that, I forgot. Later model rangers had the same issues, as they had larger rotors. A ton of people have these lifts and just had to swap out the brakes for smaller ones.

Brian, so besdies holding the a'c line were there any other problems. Will my running boards fit still? I don't have a trailer hitch yet so i am not concerned about that. Also my Grill gaurd, will that fit after the body lift?

Brian, so besdies holding the a'c line were there any other problems. Will my running boards fit still? I don't have a trailer hitch yet so i am not concerned about that. Also my Grill gaurd, will that fit after the body lift?

No other problems.
The running boards will be fine if they are mounted to the body. If they mount to the frame, they will need to be modified.
The grill guard will need to be modified.

i believe that dixon brothers racing has a lift for the sport trac...
check out www.dixonbrosracing.com

I wouldn't really place it in the "lift" category, but it is an awsome long travel kit.
Typically someone looking for a suspension lift isn't going to want to spend a few grand or more on long travel.

Back