• Register Today It's free!

Ranger rear end swap

Trollingelk

Reaction score
City, State
Pincher Creek Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Explorer sport
Does anyone know if a ranger rear suspension would bolt up to my 2000 explorer. Wanting to lift but ranger lift only fits the front

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The reason the ranger springs won’t “fit” is because the ranger springs mount on top of the axle, and explorer springs mount under the axle.

The reason the ranger springs won’t “fit” is because the ranger springs mount on top of the axle, and explorer springs mount under the axle.
Is it possible to relocate where the spring site? Or do I have tk swap the rear end of a ranger into the explorer

The springs will be too light. Explorers are already too lightly spring in the rear. Get an Explorer axle.

How tall is the lift?

The springs will be too light. Explorers are already too lightly spring in the rear. Get an Explorer axle.

How tall is the lift?
I want a 6 inch lift but all I can find are ranger lifts

You can do a spring over conversion on your current axle/leaf setup for about that much. For a few hundred you could also get a proper spring weight set of leaves with that much lift. You could probably easily sell the Ranger lift parts you don’t use to recover some of the cost.

Is it possible to relocate where the spring site? Or do I have tk swap the rear end of a ranger into the explorer
Yes, you can buy new spring pads and weld them to the top of the axle, parts are under $50.
You might need new U bolts too but I’m not sure on that. There should be several threads on doing that here on the forum as plenty of people have done it. It would lift the rear 4.5” or so.

I want a 6 inch lift but all I can find are ranger lifts
Make sure the 6” Ranger lift you see is for an IFS front and not a TTB front.

Back