Ranger SAS | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ranger SAS

Yeah I know there is a Ranger board but there aren't really that many people that look at it so I am posting here, I knowbody minds.

Dana 30, from 68 to 70 Early Bronco, 2.5" lift Rancho Ranger Springs, 32" tires.
I did this swap last weekend and am beginning to wonder why. I is cool just cuz I know that I have a solid axle but I didn't really gain any articulation, wheel travel, etc... I used my Ranger springs, so I know that is a limiting factor but they flexed pretty good before with the TTB so I figured they would be a little better with SAS, but they're not. I was wondering if anybody has had the same problems with ther EB SAS.

254092_129_full.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

254092_130_full.jpg

254092_131_full.jpg

254092_132_full.jpg

254092_133_full.jpg

254092_134_full.jpg

Oh yeah, I also know the shocks are WAY too short, and a wristed arm is definately in the future.
254092_135_full.jpg

254092_136_full.jpg

And also, I know my 'RTI ramp' isn't really pushing it too hard.
254092_137_full.jpg

254092_138_full.jpg

doesn't even look like you're putting it to the test. your body is completely level. find some big rocks or something like that and test it out.

254092_139_full.jpg

looks good though!!:thumbsup:

254092_140_full.jpg

I'll try and get it out on some good hills or something to flex it.

TTB coils dont flex well at all.........the best ones are the Skyjackers.

If you do some research you willfind that most people use Duff EB 3" coils......

Nice conversion....

A coil swap and correct length shocks will make the front end flex a lot better. There are coils available from

www.jamesduff.com as 410 mentioned
www.bcbroncos.com
www.wildhorses4x4.com

All those make coils in the 3-3.5 inch range as well as 5.5. I am using 5.5 BC Broncos coils on mine and it flexs much better than with the TTB lift.

HQ18.JPG

The flex there is being limited by the rear shocks. There are a few more inches to be had.

You just need to spend a little time dialing it in now that the work is done, and it will be great.

shocks could definatey hold you up, and TTB coils are too stiff

Back