Ranger sliders

DB_1

Elite Ranger
Reaction score
City, State
La Quinta, Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 SC Ranger xlt
Finally, i'm making some sliders for my rig and of course its after i've already damaged my rockers and quarter panels but who builds sliders BEFORE damage
is done? heh heh :confused:
Material is 1.75" x .120 wall for the main runners and frame supports and 1.5" x .120 wall for some quarter panel protection.

Here's a couple pics of the progress:

1st pic is after finish welding and ready for paint.

2nd pic is a mock up and ready for tack welding.

Attachments

• sliders_1.JPG
    sliders_1.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 997
  • sliders_2.JPG
    sliders_2.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 997

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sweet! Is the additional U shaped bar just for extra protection for the side in case you lean it on a rock?

Yes...lol, and funny you should mention that cause i've already done that a couple summers ago :p

Attachments

• Image31.jpg
    Image31.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 2,348

Haha, I guess it's good thing you're making these then. Oh and why are you running you're X-Terrains backwards in that picture?

Looks really good. I like that 3rd pic you posted :D

like the sliders a whole lot... i had something in mind like that but only to fit an x... good work :thumbsup:

I love that picture..... All I hear was "I am going to roll,,, I AM GOING TO ROLL" hehe. I came around the corner and couldnt see the rock. LOL I was like hey give me a second to take a picture.

Good to see you got those sliders knocked out. They look really good cant wait to see them on your truck.

is that 2 wheels off the ground? or is the front one on that rock? i cant see how you got the truck like that, unless the front wheel is on that rock....

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

As usual, pictures don't do the trail justice...the left side of the trail is steeper than it looks. The trail had a pile of rocks right in the middle forcing you to go either left or right so I went left and that tipped me into a rock and came to rest on the quarter panel just behind the pass. door. I was able to pop most of the dent out suprisingly enough.

That one X-terrain is backwards because that was originally my spare...the one that took it's place was punctured in the sidewall 2 weeks after I got the tires :mad: So that one just happens to mounted in the wrong direction that I needed. It's been wearing as good as the others so i'm not worried about it.

I'm hoping they'll do the job for now...I didn't have enough material (or money) to make some kickout tubes but i can easily add it on later.

Very Nice Dave! Why do you go tube? I have always heard they flex to much & get pushed into the body.... :rolleyes: This is just what I have heard...

I got to get some on my rig before the next trip I think :rolleyes:

I went with tube just because I like the like of it more than square. I think flexing of the sliders depends on the wall thickness, length of frame mounts and how many frame mounts you have...that's my theory anyways.

I finished the sliders up the other day and they are mounted but I haven't had a chance to snap any pics. Maybe if the rain lets up today or tomorrow.

They are welded to the frame...still haven't taken any pics but i'll get em up soon.

Nice, those things are intense. With 4 weld points those things should last longer than the truck!!

Thanks svande...i'm hoping they'll hold up to some rock abuse.

Here's a few pics of the finished product, I also painted the bottom 1/3rd of the body with flat black just to clean up some of the rock rash I had. I'll eventually recoat it with some Durabak. I've used Hootusliner before in the bed and it seemed to turn as hard as stucco so i'm hoping the Durabak is a little better, plus they have colors.

Attachments

• sliders_3.JPG
    sliders_3.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 3,822
  • sliders_4.JPG
    sliders_4.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 3,006
  • sliders_5.JPG
    sliders_5.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 789

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looking tough Dave.

Back