• Register Today It's free!

Ranger Springs in explorer

yoohooman480

Reaction score
City, State
Saddle Brook, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 sport
I have a 1994 explorer sport right now. I tow a popup camper and a inclosed single axle landscape trailer. Right now my truck sags alot when I hook up to the landscape and alittle w/ the popup. Does anyone know if I add ranger springs all around if it will help the cause at all or if I should start looking at other alternatives. Thank You. If I can use ranger springs, "to help w/ the sag, and possibly gain an inch or two" cna someone please tell me what year I would have to take them out of. Or if any other springs would help.

An easier and cheaper alternative would be possibly adding a single add-a-leaf kit to the existing leaf packs in the rear. These should give about 1.5" of lift in the back, and also help handle the heavier loads.

what about for the front? wont adding a leaf make the rear much higher? thus if I am ot put the same tires all around I would have to lift the front?

Add-a-leaf will make the rear a little higher; under tow load it would drop it down some, though. If you want, you could lift the front cheaply and easily with a pair of coil spring spacers for <$50 to go with the add-a-leaf. Search for "F150" and "spacers" for tons of threads on install.

Back