Ranger windshield interchangeability, will an 2003 fit in a 1995? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ranger windshield interchangeability, will an 2003 fit in a 1995?

RangerX

Elite Ranger
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Omao, Kauai
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Ranger XLT 4X4
I have a second Ranger with a smashed windshield. It's a 1995 standard cab.
I can get a free windshield out of a junk 2003 super cab.
Looking around online, it looks like it will fit, but I'd like to know for sure.

Also, if it does fit, how easy is it to pull and install a windshield in a Ranger?

Any help appreciated, a new windshield here is $370!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Should fit and be the same. I was told it's not worth it to pull one and replace into another vehicle. My old f150 only cost $250 to replace. Not sure if you have safelite there, but had good experience with them. They have a AAA discount. May have to chock it up to living on a island in the middle of the ocean :(

There's only two auto glass places on the island, both want $370. This ain't the mainland! Everything gets shipped here, and heavy fragile things don't ship for cheap. That's why this WOULD be worth it, if it fits. It's free!

There's only two auto glass places on the island, both want $370. This ain't the mainland! Everything gets shipped here, and heavy fragile things don't ship for cheap. That's why this WOULD be worth it, if it fits. It's free!
See if you can find a windshield removal tool. They use this wire cable thing, but just watch a lot of you tube videos.

I think the only glass that really changed was the rear slider. Even the s - cab windows are all same size. I had 80's glass in my '96. Could not believe the s - cab windows were the same. :eek:

Yeah I agree, I'm fairly confident that the windshield never changed, but I would really like confirmation before I go through the trouble. I'm hoping someone here has the ability to look it up in some interchange list.
I did watch one video of a pro removing and installing one on a Ranger, and it made me question whether it's possible for me to do.

Back