• Register Today It's free!

Raptor amber leds on an X

ExplorerDude33

Reaction score
City, State
Sky valley, ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 ford explorer xlt v8
How do I put these on? And best location.last pic for relation.

IMG_20201130_085602.jpg

16067554729363601206816358649824.jpg

Screenshot_20201130_085856.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks like you are on your own. :)

Drill holes in top off grill and hot glue them in from the back side

Drill holes in top off grill and hot glue them in from the back side
Yeah, but then again, I personally wouldn't expect the outcome to look any nicer than how it looks now. But that's just my personal taste.

If it were 4 lights and not just 3, then I'd mount them inside the grill near the top, somehow nicely on or even behind the black mesh part of the grill.
But there's no way 3 lights are going to go on there symmetrically you'd need at least 4 of them.
You could of course also get a second set and go for 6 lights all together and then mount one light inside each of the 4 upper segments, and mount one into each of the outer lower segments of the grill, or put those two elsewhere like on the bumper or the fender.

To bad you don't have a brush guard like mine. You could mount them on the cross bar where I mounted the KC lights.

To bad you don't have a brush guard like mine. You could mount them on the cross bar where I mounted the KC lights.
I would lose 25 horses with added weight.

I would lose 25 horses with added weight.
Naaaaah, more like ten, but you could install a supercharger, 75mm throttle body and MAF, and SCT Tuner for an extra 180hp. My brush guard only weighs 70 lbs vs my 375 big butt.

shoulda bought this smh

shoulda bought this smh

One of my followers on Insta installed that kit (without the Ford letters)

IMG_5114.jpeg

Back