Rausch Creek 3/11 and 3/12 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

Rausch Creek 3/11 and 3/12

95exploderboy

Locked and Loaded
Joined
August 12, 2002
Messages
910
Reaction score
3
City, State
Annapolis, MD and Lebanon, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Sport
I'm planing on going to RC the 11th and 12th of March. I plan to camp out Friday and Saturday nights. I've got a couple of buddies coming with, but the more the better. Just though I'd post here to see if anyone else might be interrested.

This should be a good time, nothin like campin, cookin outside and wheelin.

here is the link to the park Rausch Creek

See you on the trails,

Jake
 



Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!
.





Spas

Explorer addict
Elite Explorer
Joined
August 27, 2001
Messages
5,497
Reaction score
82
Location
Down by da river, hon
City, State
North East, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
I think it's gonna be too cold for camping, hoss. Unless you've got a really good space heater, the Pine Grove Comfort Inn is only 7 miles away at exit 100 (Phone number 570-345-8031).

Is this a monthly run? If you guys go on Sunday too, I might be interested.
 






95exploderboy

Locked and Loaded
Joined
August 12, 2002
Messages
910
Reaction score
3
City, State
Annapolis, MD and Lebanon, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Sport
Spas said:
I think it's gonna be too cold for camping, hoss. Unless you've got a really good space heater, the Pine Grove Comfort Inn is only 7 miles away at exit 100 (Phone number 570-345-8031).

Is this a monthly run? If you guys go on Sunday too, I might be interested.

The cold won't be a problem, we are all Eagle Scouts we know what we're doin, and we are tryin to go cheap.

I don't know if its a monthly run or not. The RC site doesn't say anything about one. We will be wheeling both Saturday and Sunday, so come on out Sunday...
 






jackedranger

Member
Joined
February 17, 2006
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
City, State
Pine Grove, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Ford Ranger
hey boys...i see your plannin on a Rausch Creek run...hell i live 15 minutes away from it...i am from pine grove...as Spas stated above about the pine grove comfort in...best place to stay is the Econo Lodge...down route 125 next to mcdonalds, the truck stop, and arby's...

i'll stay in touch as the run nears, maybe i will be able to tag along...it is practically in my back yard...and i am on spring break from march 5 to the 12, so, its looking pretty good for me...
 






95exploderboy

Locked and Loaded
Joined
August 12, 2002
Messages
910
Reaction score
3
City, State
Annapolis, MD and Lebanon, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Sport
jackedranger said:
hey boys...i see your plannin on a Rausch Creek run...hell i live 15 minutes away from it...i am from pine grove...as Spas stated above about the pine grove comfort in...best place to stay is the Econo Lodge...down route 125 next to mcdonalds, the truck stop, and arby's...

i'll stay in touch as the run nears, maybe i will be able to tag along...it is practically in my back yard...and i am on spring break from march 5 to the 12, so, its looking pretty good for me...

Sounds good, yeah you might as well come wheel, I can't think of many things better to do in our neck of the woods. I live about 35 min away but just feel like camping and the guys I'm meeting there don't feel like using a hotel. We will all end up wheelin in the woods no matter where we sleep.

So anywyas, get ur rig ready and if its not trail worthy, maybe u can ride along with me.
 






jackedranger

Member
Joined
February 17, 2006
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
City, State
Pine Grove, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Ford Ranger
95exploderboy said:
Sounds good, yeah you might as well come wheel, I can't think of many things better to do in our neck of the woods. I live about 35 min away but just feel like camping and the guys I'm meeting there don't feel like using a hotel. We will all end up wheelin in the woods no matter where we sleep.

So anywyas, get ur rig ready and if its not trail worthy, maybe u can ride along with me.

sounds good man...just so you know...i will try to get my truck together decently for a run that weekend...but just so you know what it looks like if i happen to show up on the trail and you are wondering...here it is...minus the brush guard for now...
651899_53_full.jpg
 






95exploderboy

Locked and Loaded
Joined
August 12, 2002
Messages
910
Reaction score
3
City, State
Annapolis, MD and Lebanon, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Sport
jackedranger said:
sounds good man...just so you know...i will try to get my truck together decently for a run that weekend...but just so you know what it looks like if i happen to show up on the trail and you are wondering...here it is...minus the brush guard for now...
QUOTE]

What we will do is set up a meeting time so that we all hit the trails together, you have to be in a group of three all the time. I can pm you my number so that you can call me, or if u have a cb, we can use that once u get there. What do you need to do to your truck yet, I could help u wrench over my break.
 






jackedranger

Member
Joined
February 17, 2006
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
City, State
Pine Grove, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Ford Ranger
95exploderboy said:
jackedranger said:
sounds good man...just so you know...i will try to get my truck together decently for a run that weekend...but just so you know what it looks like if i happen to show up on the trail and you are wondering...here it is...minus the brush guard for now...
QUOTE]

What we will do is set up a meeting time so that we all hit the trails together, you have to be in a group of three all the time. I can pm you my number so that you can call me, or if u have a cb, we can use that once u get there. What do you need to do to your truck yet, I could help u wrench over my break.

i go on break from march 5 to the 12, but i need to get my 4x4 squared away right now, i am in the process of gathering parts, it wont be a problem doing it, just getting the money together and getting everything, its probably going to be pretty close, but i will try and pull it off, pretty much all depends on if my income tax refund comes within a week or two, if it does, i will be set for sure, i'll let you know when it gets alittle closer

i basically have to rebuild the front end...i need all the little shi* to fix it and i am in the process of gathering them now...like spindle bearings, seals, splined washers, c-clips, axle shaft u-joints and such...like i said its going to be real close, but i will try my damndest to get it ready

and yeah i have a cb, so if i go, we'll be set, other than that, everything sounds good, is anyone else attending?
 






Spas

Explorer addict
Elite Explorer
Joined
August 27, 2001
Messages
5,497
Reaction score
82
Location
Down by da river, hon
City, State
North East, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
jackedranger said:
95exploderboy said:
i go on break from march 5 to the 12, but i need to get my 4x4 squared away right now, i am in the process of gathering parts, it wont be a problem doing it, just getting the money together and getting everything, its probably going to be pretty close, but i will try and pull it off, pretty much all depends on if my income tax refund comes within a week or two, if it does, i will be set for sure, i'll let you know when it gets alittle closer

i basically have to rebuild the front end...i need all the little shi* to fix it and i am in the process of gathering them now...like spindle bearings, seals, splined washers, c-clips, axle shaft u-joints and such...like i said its going to be real close, but i will try my damndest to get it ready

and yeah i have a cb, so if i go, we'll be set, other than that, everything sounds good, is anyone else attending?

I'll definitely try... it's not hard to put out an APB asking for help, ya know. Usually the person in need of help buys the brew and pizza and viola!.... Instant fix-it party ;)

Hey, 95Exploderboy, you're from Lebanon? Do you know Doug Andrews? He's got a 97 sport on 35's and he's from that area, too. Yours looks a lot like his old one would've if he hadn't had that unfortunate run-in with a J**p :rolleyes:
 






Spas

Explorer addict
Elite Explorer
Joined
August 27, 2001
Messages
5,497
Reaction score
82
Location
Down by da river, hon
City, State
North East, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
Ooops, he's from near Lebanon, NEW JERSEY. My bad hahaha. Guess you wouldn't know him then....
 






95exploderboy

Locked and Loaded
Joined
August 12, 2002
Messages
910
Reaction score
3
City, State
Annapolis, MD and Lebanon, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Sport
just a lil update, not sure who is def planing on goin yet, but I was talking to Lynn at RC about maybe doin some trail cutting half of one of the days, this equals free wheeling for the other half of the day. If people are against it on the day they wanna come, then I can do it the other day, but let me know if ur opposed to it. If ur driving far to get there you probally wouldn't want to do trail work since u could only wheel for 4 hrs unless ur stayin both days.
 






95exploderboy

Locked and Loaded
Joined
August 12, 2002
Messages
910
Reaction score
3
City, State
Annapolis, MD and Lebanon, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Sport
jakedranger, Any idea if u'll be able to get all fixed up yet? If you need help the week before, and i got my rigs stuff done, i'll come on up and help you out just let me know.


anyone else thinkin about comin?
 






Skunk

2/1974-4/2015 RIP
Elite In Memoriam
Joined
July 9, 2001
Messages
2,111
Reaction score
0
City, State
Freeland, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 SAS X, 94 3000GT VR-4
Ill be at paragon that weekend... sorry
 






jackedranger

Member
Joined
February 17, 2006
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
City, State
Pine Grove, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Ford Ranger
sorry 95...i couldn't pull it off...i had to work (busy season starting) and didn't get the cash to get my 4x4 fixed...did you end up makin a run then or not? if so...i'd love to see pics...later on

jacked
 






95exploderboy

Locked and Loaded
Joined
August 12, 2002
Messages
910
Reaction score
3
City, State
Annapolis, MD and Lebanon, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Sport
Here is some pics from the trip. It went pretty well, sat was awesome weather wise, sunday left a lil bit to be desired.

Some Pics, Some More pics

IMG_3845.jpg


IMG_3846.jpg


IMG_3842.jpg


event_337074.jpeg


One highlight of the trip was on Sunday when a writer and photographer from Low-Range rode with us to do a writeup on our trail ride.
 






jackedranger

Member
Joined
February 17, 2006
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
City, State
Pine Grove, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Ford Ranger
sounds good...looks good too...i'll have to get working to get the rig ready for the next trip...

i had to look twice at the third pic...looks like a busted in windshield...lol
 












Top