• Register Today It's free!

Rausch creek anyone?

97 Eddie Bauer v8

Reaction score
City, State
Reading Pennsylvania
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Eddie Bauer
Is anyone interested in a Rausch Creek GREEN TRAIL ride this week/weekend?

Rausch Creek is an offroad park located in Tremont, PA and their website is here:

http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/

If you have a membership, it's $35 daily vehicle fee ($10 more if you
choose to go to the NE property).

A new driver would pay $15 plus the vehicle fee.

If anyone is considering it I would ask that you make a 100% committment before you confirm you want to go as the park requires groups of two or more to ride.

In other words, no saying you want to go because you think you want to go then backing out because your buddy asked you to play Modern Warfare. ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just go to RC's website and join one of the existing threads on trail riding for new years. There is always a bunch who wouldn't mind another rig.

Just go to RC's website and join one of the existing threads on trail riding for new years. There is always a bunch who wouldn't mind another rig.

I know. I posted here because I'd prefer to ride with another group of Explorers.

It gets old having people ask me if I "OFFROAD THAT?!!?" referring to my 97 Eddie Baurer AWD like it would get stuck in a puddle, then have to wait for a stock Wrangler with BFG All-Terrains to get unstuck every few minutes.

Just make sure you have tow points front & rear.. Its a pita when there is a rig doesn't have tow points and needs to be strapped off something. Better to come prepared then show up not trail ready.

Just make sure you have tow points front & rear.. Its a pita when there is a rig doesn't have tow points and needs to be strapped off something. Better to come prepared then show up not trail ready.

Please limit discussion only to posts of intent. Thanks.

Please limit discussion only to posts of intent. Thanks.

Bwahahah.. :mattmoon:

from their rules..
All vehicles should have at least one towpoint and a full-size spare.

Only reason I say this is cause from the factory we have no tow points. Please don't consider using a tow ball as a recovery point. Most of the staff consider using a tow ball as a point as a bad idea cause the tow strap can slip, the ball can break from the sheer force and become a projectile.

Bwahahah.. :mattmoon:

from their rules..
All vehicles should have at least one towpoint and a full-size spare.

Only reason I say this is cause from the factory we have no tow points. Please don't consider using a tow ball as a recovery point. Most of the staff consider using a tow ball as a point as a bad idea cause the tow strap can slip, the ball can break from the sheer force and become a projectile.

Why do you feel the need to try and educate me with the most basic knowledge? Is that all you can offer? I have two front welded D-ring mounts and a rear receiver D-ring mount.

As it appears by the lack of interest, I go wheeling more often than most members here. I've had my Explorer since 2000 and have been to RC before as well as other parks and trails on various occasions. By no means an expert, but I don't need the off roading 101 lesson. Go make yourself feel important elsewhere.

Come along or sit at home with a hangover - no skin off my back either way.

Lack of interest or experience isn't my problem. I also have adequate recovery points as well. I just won't have my wheels and 35s until next week. Bad timing. And Pennsylvania is 12 hours away.

Last edited:

Without knowing your rig was modified it was just some advice. Reason why is cause I've seen what happens to 2nd gens without tow points at RC, Paragon, etc.

Without knowing your rig was modified it was just some advice. Reason why is cause I've seen what happens to 2nd gens without tow points at RC, Paragon, etc.

I'm sorry - was the subject of my post soliciting advice for off roading / recovery or was it asking if anyone wanted to go off roading at RC with me?

Thanks to you this thread is trashed. EF, forget I asked.

Back