Rausch Creek Offroad Park, Tremont, PA 2/19/2005 *CB Channel 21* | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rausch Creek Offroad Park, Tremont, PA 2/19/2005 *CB Channel 21*

Blee1099

Evil Asian
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
EF Vendor
Reaction score
City, State
Elkridge, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 4Runner, 22 Silverado
We will be hitting the trails again on Saturday, February 19th at Rausch Creek Offroad Park. For those unfamiliar with the area. It is in Tremont, PA off of I-81 @ Exit 107 about 35 minutes from Harrisburg. There is lodging at exit 100 off of I-81 in Pine Grove, PA. We normally stay at the Comfort Inn. We normally sleep about 4 to a room but I'm sure we can accomidate a few more. If you don't wish to take your vehicle onto the trails, that is not an issue. We will have passenger seats available. Please let me know if you wish to attend. The only required equipment we request you have are the following:

Front & rear tow point
CB radio or GMRS radio
full size spare tire

UPDATE
If you plan on coming to this event as either a passenger or driver, I need to know.

So far confirmed are the following people:

Spas & company
Marktaylor69 & Family
Monmix (Passenger)
IamTodd (Passenger)
BenS
Freerider712 ??
Todd26 (04 Explorer)

IF anyone needs to contact me, PM me and I will give you my number..

Last edited:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

One "Better than Blee's Truck :D" Sammy reporting for duty :D

I can edit too :D :p

Last edited:

Alright so far, Spas, Jdraper & family, Marktaylor69 & family. Possibly ExplorerNJ, anyone else?

uuughgh

Well.... John and I are working weird hours and it ends up that I am working on Valentines' weekend and John is "on call" the weekend before Valentines... we made extensive plans this year for the 19th.... sorry guys... ooh well there is always next time...

Karol :confused:

Well I just talked to Lynn from Rausch Creek.. Looks like the tree that attacked my truck has suffered permanent damage (It was cut down after an ice storm). :mad: I wanted to get revenge on that tree. :fire:

Just take it out on the tree next to it :p

MONMIX is IN as long as no one care I am comming up on Saturday.

Zorro will be sitting at the hotel so some one is gonna need to offer me a passenger seat.

Wish I could be there with you all.. Though on a positive note I'm picking up my new truck tomorrow, I cant wait.

Count me in! I wanna take the new Expo for a ride. Although not on the trail ;)

Doug said:
Wish I could be there with you all.. Though on a positive note I'm picking up my new truck tomorrow, I cant wait.

Soooooo, that means next time you come east you're towing the X so you can wheel it?? :p :D :D

BTW, did you get the CD yet?

What trails are you going to run? Green, Blues, Blacks?? Id like to go, I havent been up to RC since early Nov.

If its snowing here at home I wont be able to go- I have contracts to keep, but otherwise Id like to go.

Ill be staying in Harrisburg with my Brother in Law, and he may ride along, also my son would be with me. So Id come up for Saturday only at this point.

I heard they had a bunch of trees down and were looking for help last week Ben, (or maybe this week), that was your chance if you needed to take out any trees :hammer: .

We're gonna hit greens & blues.. Since we have a one truck with a TT/shackles on 31s.
Your more than welcome to tag along, we're gonna more than likely head up there Friday night and sleep at a hotel.

UPDATE
If you plan on coming to this event as either a passenger or driver, I need to know. There is limited space for passengers currently. All the ones who have posted here are okay but anyone else needs to PM me.

Last edited:

JDraper said:
Soooooo, that means next time you come east you're towing the X so you can wheel it?? :p :D :D

BTW, did you get the CD yet?

Yea, having a tow rig now means it's AWN with the explorer! :D There's a good possibility I'll be stationed @ Ft. Bragg NC So you all may be seeing more of me in the next few months. I'll also be taking leave at the end of my training here so we might have to do a 2 day run at RC or PAP. One day for trail riding and another day for some good ol beatin up the trucks. :) I also got the CD two days ago, Thanks there are some interesting pictures on there.

I would like to come too but my explorer is totally stock and I never been off roading before. so i can either ride along or give it a shot

A stock explorer can go thru it. There have been a few stock Explorers go thru there in the past. Mine went thru there a few times when it was stock when it was snowing. You might get a few scratches from the brush but other than that, you shouldn't see any body damage well atleast we don't hope it won't happen.

For people who haven't been there in a year or have never been there, there are some fees. If you plan on driving your vehicle at Rausch Creek on the trails, it will cost you $25 for the entrance fee plus $10 for a yearly membership. For passengers, it is $5 entrance fee plus $10 for a membership.

Doug said:
Yea, having a tow rig now means it's AWN with the explorer! :D There's a good possibility I'll be stationed @ Ft. Bragg NC So you all may be seeing more of me in the next few months. I'll also be taking leave at the end of my training here so we might have to do a 2 day run at RC or PAP. One day for trail riding and another day for some good ol beatin up the trucks. :) I also got the CD two days ago, Thanks there are some interesting pictures on there.

Interesting isn't the word- scary is more like it, lol. no more champagne for me.....ever! You better get stationed at Ft. Bragg so I can come down there and torment, uh.. i mean visit, you! You pick up 'Angus' yet??

I'll be there with Tanky and possibly some pals from Baltimore 4wheelers (they said if they'd known we were wheelin' on New Year's day they would've been all over it like a cheap suit in the rain). I'll also try to talk my crazy F150 buddy from MD Creepers into going too. What the heck, I may even bring a coworker with me if I can get him to agree to be my spotter ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Spas said:
no more champagne for me.....ever! ....

Yeah, no kidding!! I was beginning to wonder about that pix of you and Sue........ :D Dead Link Removed

Back