Rausch Creek Offroad Park, Tremont, PA 2/19/2005 *CB Channel 21* | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rausch Creek Offroad Park, Tremont, PA 2/19/2005 *CB Channel 21*

awesome pics, looks like u guyz had a good time, nice...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Again...

Attachments

• DSC01057 (Small).JPG
    DSC01057 (Small).JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 335
  • DSC01061 (Small).JPG
    DSC01061 (Small).JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 329
  • DSC01063 (Small).JPG
    DSC01063 (Small).JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 331

And Again

Attachments

• DSC01072 (Small).JPG
    DSC01072 (Small).JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 322
  • DSC01082 (Small).JPG
    DSC01082 (Small).JPG
    82 KB · Views: 347
  • DSC01083 (Small).JPG
    DSC01083 (Small).JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 314

Nice pics, looks like a lot of fun.

This is it.

Last pic is of the ones who were left a McD's

Attachments

• DSC01089 (Small).JPG
    DSC01089 (Small).JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 342
  • DSC01091 (Small).JPG
    DSC01091 (Small).JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 312
Last edited by a moderator:

Looks like you guys had a great time. Sorry I missed it. After arriving 20 mins late I Sat through my sons game- they won 44-4 :eek:

Monmix posted that the AT and the TC share fluid- if you mean the fluid passes from one to the other that is not correct- on the at the fluid stops at the rear bearings, some may get by and seep out of the AT/TC joint, but the fluid doesnt pass between the TC and the Auto. The TC also has a seal at the input shaft also preventing Fluid transfer. Now if you meant they both USE ATF then disregard everything I just said.

Sorry to miss the ride, looks like you had a great day to get out on the trail.

Man that was awesome. Haven't had that much fun in quite a while- It was great to see you guys again and tackle trails that weren't too tough (except on Mark's poor X). Thanks for taking pictures, too. Glad you all made it home all right!

Tig, your X is an inspiration for first gens, man. I'm definitely going with either a 5.5" superlift or a 6" skyjacker now ;)

Ben, you don't need a locker, you need to learn to lay off the skinny pedal.

Tex, you and your 80 degree weather can just BITE ME :D ;) I was telling everyone about the Arby's incident from last year's Carlisle when we were BSing at McD's, lol.

Hope to see y'all again in the not-too-distant future!!!

Spas said:

Nah.. I didn't break anything this time. I only gassed on a few obstacles like that loop..

Spas said:
Man that was awesome. Haven't had that much fun in quite a while- It was great to see you guys again and tackle trails that weren't too tough (except on Mark's poor X). Thanks for taking pictures, too. Glad you all made it home all right!

Tig, your X is an inspiration for first gens, man. I'm definitely going with either a 5.5" superlift or a 6" skyjacker now ;)

Tex, you and your 80 degree weather can just BITE ME :D ;) I was telling everyone about the Arby's incident from last year's Carlisle when we were BSing at McD's, lol.

Hope to see y'all again in the not-too-distant future!!!

I had a great time. We definetely have to do this again soon. That was the first time I have put mine to the test since all the mods were complete. I have to say I am really happy with the way it worked out. I was a little hesitant at first to put alot of time into an EX, but I am glad I did. Let me know when you are ready for some custom steel fabrication on yours.

hey i wrecked my 01 explorer sport friday night, its pretty totaled now. thats why i didn't make it out there. looks like you guys had alot of fun, maybe next time i will be there with my 91.

explrig91 said:
hey i wrecked my 01 explorer sport friday night, its pretty totaled now. thats why i didn't make it out there. looks like you guys had alot of fun, maybe next time i will be there with my 91.

What happened???? Pictures, story??? Sorry to hear that, man.

Sorry to hear man, is everyone OK? Pics, Story? Not to sound like a vulture, but what are your plans for the wreckage? Are you gonna fix it or get another one?

Sorry to hear that. Hope you're alrite.

Look like you all had fun, I wish i could have been there. Though I can't complain I was out in San Diego for the weekend visting my sister. On the way back I passed Ocotillo and Glamis. I saw a couple of trophy trucks crap load of quads and dune buggies. I wish I had more time to stop today to check the place out put I was pressed for time to get back here..

hey everyone i am ok, i was trying to miss about 3 dear coming down a mountain road and swurved to much and ended up rolling it about 3 times. it was just me in the vehicle and i am ok just minor cuts and bruises. the vehicle is totalled, so i am just gonna take the insurance money and put into my 91 expl and my 84 bronco. i plan on doing a SAS on both of them. i didn't get any pics of it, i guess i should of but wasn't really on my mind at the time of it. the only pics of it i have are before the wreck and of my 91. I was really dissapointed i couldn't show up saturday, i really wanted to meet some of you guys and learn some pointers and see some rigs up close. but i guess next time tho. thanks for all your concerns tho it really means alot.

hey freerider712 what size tires are those your truck looks like mines twin lol.

i wish i caould hav gone BUT my motor is going in this saturday, so im DEFINATLY going on the next run which needs to be soon

the "slapping" noise is probibly comeing from the T case, those chains tend to strech and when thy do they make a continous loud clunking that gets louder when your on it, you can replace the chain, tis not that bad.

finally whens the next run?????????

SteveVB said:
Looks like you guys had a great time. Sorry I missed it. After arriving 20 mins late I Sat through my sons game- they won 44-4 :eek:

Monmix posted that the AT and the TC share fluid- if you mean the fluid passes from one to the other that is not correct- on the at the fluid stops at the rear bearings, some may get by and seep out of the AT/TC joint, but the fluid doesnt pass between the TC and the Auto. The TC also has a seal at the input shaft also preventing Fluid transfer. Now if you meant they both USE ATF then disregard everything I just said.

Sorry to miss the ride, looks like you had a great day to get out on the trail.

Ummmmmm well I guess I am half right and half wrong :)
Yeah I did think the fluid passed. All I can say about that is I have been wrong before and I will be wrong again I am sure. :)
But if I did infact think the fluid passed, then obviously I thought it both use ATF, so on that I am correct. So, Yaaaay me !!!!!!!!

Xzibit A said:
hey freerider712 what size tires are those your truck looks like mines twin lol.

i wish i caould hav gone BUT my motor is going in this saturday, so im DEFINATLY going on the next run which needs to be soon

the "slapping" noise is probibly comeing from the T case, those chains tend to strech and when thy do they make a continous loud clunking that gets louder when your on it, you can replace the chain, tis not that bad.

finally whens the next run?????????
33x12.50 tsl's you have got to make it to the next run..

explrig91 said:
hey everyone i am ok, i was trying to miss about 3 dear coming down a mountain road and swurved to much and ended up rolling it about 3 times. it was just me in the vehicle and i am ok just minor cuts and bruises. the vehicle is totalled, so i am just gonna take the insurance money and put into my 91 expl and my 84 bronco. i plan on doing a SAS on both of them. i didn't get any pics of it, i guess i should of but wasn't really on my mind at the time of it. the only pics of it i have are before the wreck and of my 91. I was really dissapointed i couldn't show up saturday, i really wanted to meet some of you guys and learn some pointers and see some rigs up close. but i guess next time tho. thanks for all your concerns tho it really means alot.

Sucks about the truck, next time aim for the deer :)
if your planning on SAS'ing both trucks I'm looking for a D44 and D35 TTB also :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Savage Wolf said:
Sucks about the truck, next time aim for the deer :)
if your planning on SAS'ing both trucks I'm looking for a D44 and D35 TTB also :D

well i know the ttb D44 is in great shape, but the 35 was grindin and jumpin pretty bad that's why i didn't take that to rausch creek. if you wanna rebuild it to use it hey got for it just wanted to let ya kno u have your hands full then.

Back