Rausch Creek Offroad Park, Tremont, PA 2/19/2005 *CB Channel 21* | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rausch Creek Offroad Park, Tremont, PA 2/19/2005 *CB Channel 21*

explrig91 said:
well i know the ttb D44 is in great shape, but the 35 was grindin and jumpin pretty bad that's why i didn't take that to rausch creek. if you wanna rebuild it to use it hey got for it just wanted to let ya kno u have your hands full then.
rad arm bushings...maybe pivot bushings

Does it bump and grind(LOL :smoke: ) once when you start out going forwards... then bump and grind when you go in reverse the first time....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

One other thing...I hope you're SAS'ing the Bronco more for looks then anything...cause on any of the trails around here that is goign to take massive body damage especially if you are the kind of guy who pushes it to the limits

the bronco will be more a daily driver i just want to be the different one around here with a straight axle. as for the bushings they are all good n willing to go i won't need them. the explorer is gettin a james duff set up and the bronco is using the whole system from a 79 bronco

The front D44 and suspension out of an Early Bronco works quite well for an explorer.... and then you can also swap in the 9" from the rear

Last edited:

March 19th at RAUSCH CREEK

Anyone here up for the run at RAUSCH CREEK on MARCH 19th. I have already signed up on the website and gotten a comfermation e--mail back. Planning on camping the night before. I signed my truck up for the LEVEL C trails, so we'll see how that works out.

FREERIDER712 said:
Anyone here up for the run at RAUSCH CREEK on MARCH 19th. I have already signed up on the website and gotten a comfermation e--mail back. Planning on camping the night before. I signed my truck up for the LEVEL C trails, so we'll see how that works out.

Sounds like someone's addicted ;)

IAmTodd said:
Sounds like someone's addicted ;)

Had alot of fun, I want to see the rest of that place. When is yours gonna be ready to hit the trails?

i should be able to go this time i will bring my 91 out i should have sumtin done to it by then.

FREERIDER712 said:
Had alot of fun, I want to see the rest of that place. When is yours gonna be ready to hit the trails?

Heh, when I get can a Geo Metro through there ;) I am honestly suprised how well Mark's got through there that the though *gasp* actually went through my mind that I may take it through that. But no, I won't be :)

March 19th is the same day as the Maryland Meet & greet dinner.

Looks like you guys had a blast, we hit Paragon with the Broncos, ended up breaking 6out of 11 trucks.

I would love to join you on the next run.

explrig91 that sucks about your truck, I am parting out an 87 Bronco, let me know if I have something you might need.

bnkrtstk said:
Looks like you guys had a blast, we hit Paragon with the Broncos, ended up breaking 6out of 11 trucks.

explrig91 that sucks about your truck, I am parting out an 87 Bronco, let me know if I have something you might need.

what size engine do you have? is it EFI??

explrig91 said:
well i know the ttb D44 is in great shape, but the 35 was grindin and jumpin pretty bad that's why i didn't take that to rausch creek. if you wanna rebuild it to use it hey got for it just wanted to let ya kno u have your hands full then.

I need the d35 casing for a cut and turn (unless I get the d44 ttb for my truck then its getting cut and turned and stuck under the front of my rig)
if it grinds its not much diffrent then the d35 I have right now
other reason i needed a D35 is I need one for a bench jig, I'm probably going to start making some D35 skid plate soon

bnkrtstk said:

got a d44 ttb laying around :D and maybe a set of 5x5.5 wheels?

well i am goin to a SAS on my 84 Bronco very soon, that's gonna be my work truck i am just looking for another 351 EFI preferably if i can get everything i need, but as for my explorer that is gonna get a pro built D44 from a 74 bronco. but thanx neways

Savage Wolf said:
got a d44 ttb laying around :D and maybe a set of 5x5.5 wheels?

Do you need the complete TTB? or just the pumpkin? for what year, don't forget 87-88 had flange hubs like 91-94? Explorers PM me so we don't hijack this too much.

FREERIDER712 said:

ooh ooooohh mee meee pick mee lol im def. down, but i want to see tougher obstacles that what i see in these pictures, ill try to get my coworker to go with his ranger as well

Xzibit A said:
ooh ooooohh mee meee pick mee lol im def. down, but i want to see tougher obstacles that what i see in these pictures, ill try to get my coworker to go with his ranger as well

It was my first time. I was just feeling the place out. Didn't want to leave with a bad taste in my mouth. We'll rip it up next time.

I got a chance today to get under my X to find out what the horrible noise was from the day at Rausch. The crossmember for the t-case was bent up and was rubbing on the driveshaft. I was able to bend it back down and eliminate the noise. I also started installing the bodylift, it should be finished tomorrow. I will post pics when it is done. Thanks for everyones help, can't wait to go back to Rausch!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good to hear it wasn't anything major. How's the tranny doing?

Back