Rausch Creek, PA Run, December 6th. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rausch Creek, PA Run, December 6th.

JDraper

Somewhat Functional
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
McVeytown, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'18 XLT
Ok, let's try this again. I want to get a run together at Rausch Creek Offroad Park on December 6th, 2003. I want this to be a fun run for everyone so we will tailor the ride to whatever level is necessary. There are plenty of trails for all skill/vehicle levels. There are bypass's if you are not comfortable with a particular trail. It's also a lot of fun to watch some of the built rigs trying to bust stuff on the more difficult trails :D.

There is a one time $10 membership fee at Rausch Creek, and then $25/day. $5 for passengers. They have their own campground which is included with the daily fee.

Here is the Membership form .

Here are Directions . We sign in at the same place we went to last year for the PA rally. Rausch Creek is 50 miles Northeast of Harrisburg, PA, or 45 miles Southwest of Hazleton PA along Route 81.

For hotels, there are two in Pine Grove, PA which is just a couple of miles away. The Econo Lodge (570) 345-4099 has rooms starting at $55/night, the Comfort Inn (570) 345-8031 has rooms for $70/night. Again, these are the hotels we stayed in for the PA rally.

The park is open from 8:30 AM to Dusk. We have to make a reservation in advance, so I need to know who wants to go soon :). Once I know who's going, I'll call down and get a reservation at the park for us.

Yes I cut and pasted from the original try for Rausch Creek :p

If ya have any questions or doubts, PM or e-mail me....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i'll be there come hell or high water.
oh yeh hopefully it won't be to cold cause. but that shoulden't matter we'll just sit in the trucks more.
ghlad it's on a saturday cause it lets me get home and repair what the creek does to me. good stuff.
ok ya'll count me in

Dammit Jeff! I'm going to a football game that day! Maybe next time. :) :p

pretty sure ill be in on this one. give me about 2-3 days and ill be definite..

Originally posted by Doug
Dammit Jeff! I'm going to a football game that day! Maybe next time. :) :p

PHHHT!!!!! Ya bum!!!

I'll use it as an excuse to save up my money so i can get better tires. :) to bad you're not going sunday as well, i'd come out for that.

As long as nothing comes up, I'll try to be there! *keeps chanting, "life's getting better, life's getting better" lol*

ok Dec 6th it is!!

Can't wait to try out the lockers!!! I'm not going to be running on the 34" SS this time though I'm getting A/T's for the winter and puttin them on next weekend... If it'd not calling for snow anytime during that weekend I'll throw them back on for this run...

Karol

Hold on a sec folks. Just got a message from Rausch Creek.

Jeff,

I saw that you are posting a ride for the 6th of December. Unfortunately, we are closed that Saturday due to hunting season. We are open on Sundays, and the 7th is actually a guided ride we are putting on. I have pasted the details below.

Hunting season runs from December 1st through the 13th. We are closed for the two weeks of hunting season this year, except Sundays. Those two weeks will be the only time that we are closed. We share land with a hunt club, and other seasons they put up with us. This is their main season, and we had to let them have the land for those days. I am sorry if it messes up your plans. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. When you guys do come up, I will throw in some a couple free passes for you to raffle or give out to your group for a return trip.

Details of ride that have been posted on boards:

Rausch Creek Guided Trail Ride

When: Sunday, December 7th

Where: Rausch Creek Off-Road Park (directions found here:
www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org) Sign in is at the RC Staging area, NOT the
MX park.

What: Guided trail rides at all levels. No need to have three or more
vehicles, or a club to come out on this date. Bring yourself and your lunch
and hit the trails. You will be placed into groups according to your driver
ability and vehicle configuration and you will be out on the trails.

Who: This ride is limited to the first 100 registered people, so if you
don't register, you may not get a spot if you show up. If you need to back
out, let us know so we can make sure someone else gets in. We are asking
that everyone reregisters here:
http://www.gprecon.com/signup.asp?ID=rausch&date=120703&cap=100

Time: Sign in is from 7:30 to 8:30. Driver meeting at 8:45, and you will
hit the trails upon completion of driver meeting.

Cost: All normal fees apply, see website for details.

All levels of trails will have groups, from stockers to insane.

Ride will wrap up around dusk.

For more information, visit us on the web at www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org
or contact Mark Lecher at mlecher@att.net

Well, since the 6th is out, let me know if either the 7th would work, or if we should try it on another date like Dec 20th. You guys tell me what would work for you, and I'll set it up.

I can do the 7th and the 20th!!! :D Preferably the 7th so i can piss of work by taking the whole weekend off. :)

Whichever would work for you guys

I'll make sure I take off both of those weekends... hey never know... we could do the 7th and the 20th....

anyone other than Jeff, Doug, Lindsey and me....? have you gotten a running list yet Jeff?

I know for sure that I am NOT camping....lol so I'm gettin a room....I'm bringing the kids but there will be floor space if someone wants to at least keep warm.... and/or take a hot shower in the morning

Karol

OK Let's hit RC on the 7th. Who else wants to go???

List so Far:

JDraper
Spas
ExplorerEB96
Doug
Lefy
Sunbum
RonZuki (From Zukiworld board)
Blee1099

Well, I was gonna try to go, but Sunday's are out since I'd have to be back in school Monday and the 20th is the Saturday before Christmas and I think there is no way I'd ever be able to get off. I could try for the 20th, but I can't garuntee anything, Any Sundays are out unless you could do Nov. 30.Maybe next Spring(I don't do snow:p)

yeh i'll be able to do the sunday but
i may have to duck out early cause i'm gonna be heading out homer to drop off the spotter and gety my gear and head to school. 2.5 hour upstate ny.
dam i'm putting way to many road miles on my mud tires. also if there is a run the 20th i could do that one too. i can't wait to try my tires in the snow.

looks like 3.5 hours to the park and 2.5 up to school.
yeh we'll probobly come down sdaturday night. and hotel it. drink some beers and relax.
i dunno how the nightlife is down in
tremont Pa.

yeh so i'm in.

Sounds interesting... I'll try to let you know shortly if I can make it, the 7th works.

I need to get a brake check/replacement this week if I can get in... too much traveling lately and they're making noises again. Grr.

Anyone know a good locksmith? I have a damn lock bar on my trailer hitch that is rusted so the key won't go in now, despite attempts with compressed air, water, wire, etc.

I'll prob still have to look at tow hooks too. Time... never on your side. :p

Edit 11/18:
Brakes good.
Spare good/holder installed.

Signed up.

Originally posted by sunbum
Anyone know a good locksmith? I have a damn lock bar on my trailer hitch that is rusted so the key won't go in now, despite attempts with compressed air, water, wire, etc.....

I've got a hand grinder that will remove that lock real quick :D

I'd like to go, I have finals the following week, so it all depends on how much I need to study. I live in that area, and didn't even know that this place existed until the other day. I never really talked to any of you guys that are goin. I'll figure my schdule out in a few days. Is anyone aware of how many people signed up with RC already so I know how much time I have?

Right now 21 out of 100 slots are taken up for the run.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

jeff, i might be interested in coming out. i'll be home by then and since i just got my winch all mounted and working today, i'd love to give it a shot. let me see what my schedule will be and let you know, how is rausch creek when compared to Paragon anyway? just curious

Back