Rausch Creek, PA Run, December 6th. | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rausch Creek, PA Run, December 6th.

She's already been photo'd. I got her at Carlisle earlier this year :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

She's already been photo'd. I got her at Carlisle earlier this year

NO!!!! jeff Plllleeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaassssssssseeeee Dont .. .lol :p

Gotcha!

Buuut, I'll be nice and take it down....for now.......

Sounds like u guys had alot of fun, wish i could have come, this time i have something that will keep up with you guys, and its not the three wheeler,

113-1313_img.jpg

113-1314_img.jpg

ITS THE MINI ZUKE MUAHAHA

Damn 98sport, you need to resize those pics. They're freaking huge even on screen even at 1024X768.

Yeah, quicktime did the trick. Woohoo!
More exciting than it looked but good to have the viddy.
YAY :bounce: More excitement to add to my webpage. :)

Originally posted by sunbum
Yeah, quicktime did the trick. Woohoo!
More exciting than it looked but good to have the viddy.
YAY :bounce: More excitement to add to my webpage. :)

Yeah I think next time we try something like that again, I'll film it from behind and with audio this time. Or even better yet, find a way to mount my camera inside an X.

Heh, try it and u will have a severly broken fish tank;)

Looks like you all had a great time. Wish I could have gone with you but ever since I lost my rear tire at 65 MPH on the way to a run in Brookline, New Hampshire, I'm hesitant to leave the state with my Explorer. I even had my brother drive it back for me from Sturbridge, MA where my X was towed to afterward. Getting the **** scared out of you will do that. I'm hoping by spring to be back to normal and be ready for the next run that comes up in my area :)

I did get to play around in the snow with my X when we had the snowstorm last weekend. That was alot of fun and it was my first time driving using 4-wheel drive :D

More snow expected for this Sunday= more 4-wheeling fun in the snow

Originally posted by SoBeLover
Looks like you all had a great time. Wish I could have gone with you but ever since I lost my rear tire at 65 MPH on the way to a run in Brookline, New Hampshire, I'm hesitant to leave the state with my Explorer. I even had my brother drive it back for me from Sturbridge, MA where my X was towed to afterward. Getting the **** scared out of you will do that. I'm hoping by spring to be back to normal and be ready for the next run that comes up in my area :)

I did get to play around in the snow with my X when we had the snowstorm last weekend. That was alot of fun and it was my first time driving using 4-wheel drive :D

More snow expected for this Sunday= more 4-wheeling fun in the snow

Did you have a blowout or did it actually shear the lugs right off the axle?

Damage Report

Well, last weekend's fun couldve cost ~$1k today...

Took the day off to do a few things but ended up sitting in the shop for ~4hrs :eek:

Had to replace a ball joint... $$
Had to install a camber sleeve... $
Had to offset the camber which took some doing/front-end alignment... $

Total- $302.00

Advice - Replace bent spindles before doing any more seroius offroading (Cost: $600) Obviously, that will have to wait. :banghead:

Sorry to hear that you had some damaged parts :(

Bent spindle? On a 4WD??? Hmmmmm.. 4WD X's don't have spindles like a 2WD has. The 4WD has a sealed outer wheel bearing that bolts to the spindle bracket, but I can't see bending that. Is that what the shop called it? If it's the bracket they're talking about, Karol has a couple good ones that I took out when we did her superlift. I can install those for ya in an hour or two. Before you have any more work done on the truck, let's get together so I can look at it. I can probably save ya some $$

Jeff, I'm going to put you in my will. ;)

Yeah, apparently the spindle bracket was bent some, which prevented getting the wheels totally vertical again per se.

We may just have to hook up after the holidays, perhaps during spring thaw or something when it's not too cold in the garage to work. :)

Maybe, by then, I'll have a skid plate to throw on as well. heh

Gotta jet!

Re: Damage Report

Well, last weekend's fun couldve cost ~$1k today...

Took the day off to do a few things but ended up sitting in the shop for ~4hrs :eek:

Had to replace a ball joint... $$
Had to install a camber sleeve... $
Had to offset the camber which took some doing/front-end alignment... $

Total- $302.00

Advice - Replace bent spindles before doing any more seroius offroading (Cost: $600) Obviously, that will have to wait. :banghead:
Damn Brian sorry to hear about the damages.

I'm glad you posted

Jeff, I'm going to put you in my will. ;)

Yeah, apparently the spindle bracket was bent some, which prevented getting the wheels totally vertical again per se.

We may just have to hook up after the holidays, perhaps during spring thaw or something when it's not too cold in the garage to work. :)

Maybe, by then, I'll have a skid plate to throw on as well. heh

Gotta jet!

I haven't thrown anything out just yet.... just tell me what they look like and I'll save em for you

Karol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Karol, the brackets are these:

attachment.php

Brian, if ya wanna fix it sooner, my garage is insulated and heated :)

Back