Rausch Creek Sept 29-30 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rausch Creek Sept 29-30

Can anyone bring the proper sockets and breaker bars/ratchets to pop off my swaybars the morning of the 29th? I'm not sure what sockets are needed - I think the front is 5/8 and the back 3/4 but I'm not sure on that. I can pick up the sockets if someone knows the correct ones, but I left my breakers and ratchets at home.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You know we still have a few weeks before this ;) Plenty of time to maybe even fab up some quick disconnects for the rear (there are a few threads on the forum on how to do this).

The problem is I'm back at college, I don't have any tools or much free time. It sure ain't summer anymore. :(

Well I'm sure at least one of us will have a 3/4 or a 5/8 . I always have a toolbox clanking around in the back of my Explorer on all runs.

Alright, good looks.

Ill have them, never hit the trail without my box.

Good, I'm guaranteed to get those annoying swaybars off then (and back on for the ride home). :D

I'd like to camp, but it all depends on whether my buddy is riding shotgun or bringing his XJ to ride with us, and if he wants to camp or not. I won't know for another week or so. I would like to maximize my wheeling time, so I think I'm leaning towards the overnight.

Whats the headcount on this anyway? Me, you, Obama, and Spas with our rigs and maybe 95exploderboy and my friend as well, and then Rookie riding along and maybe SurrealNJ?

Hey where exactly are we "camping"? I know theres a camping area but I heard we can also camp at the Staging Area after closing. If I'm camping, I'm probably going to hang out with you guys at night and drive back to the staging area and sleep in my van cauz I am the newb.

I'm sleeping in the back of my truck if I stay overnight.

the camping area is basically over the hill from the end staging area. IZ, you probably remember as you enter the park and head down the road on the left which took us back to the area where Parli was having problems. Well that passes the camping area after 1/4 mile.

The camping area is right before that big mud puddle at the bottom of the hill, im sure your remember that :D

I sleep in the back of my truck as well, unless its raining.

The Eagle Scout will camp anywhere, even in a tree or under a rock. I've camped at RC before, its not too scary, don't worry newbs.

Micah, you still in for the wrenchin the weekend before the run if need be??

I still don't know if I'll be able to take off that Saturday or not... but I'll definitely be camping Saturday night and wheeling Sunday :)

(Btw Micah, you weren't the only one with damage from Labor day. We're still trying to figure out if my psycho crazy vibration is from a bad pinion bearing or bad driveshaft U-joints. I couldn't get over 60mph the whole way home because the vibration was so bad it rattled the windows and made the CD player skip :eek: )

check make sure you didnt knock a wheel weight off.

Jake its a possibility, im really short in change right now so im workin extra hours, would it be ok if I know the night before or do you want more notice that that.

id love to go but im in school...are ther any more peopel out my way that hav any clubs or anything like that i could get invloved in? please PM me because i might forget to come back and check this thread

thanks
-chris

rausch creek 033.jpg

rausch creek 062.jpg
hey whats going on everyone, im heading up on the 26 so ill be missing you on this one,but have fun. some photos of me 2 weeks ago at rausch creek, lake kristy south prop.

id love to go but im in school...are ther any more peopel out my way that hav any clubs or anything like that i could get invloved in? please PM me because i might forget to come back and check this thread
I've got school too and thats why we hold these things on the weekends; you can come just for a day -- its well worth the drive :)

Plus there arent realy any good trails close your area or my area (or the DC area in general) thats worth it, so Rausch Creek is one of the closest ones. So even if you do join a local club (like Maryland Creepers), you'd still have to drive to either PA or western/southern VA to get to actual trails. Overall, Maryland is the suck when it comes to the off-road trails.

hey whats going on everyone, im heading up on the 26 so ill be missing you on this one,but have fun. some photos of me 2 weeks ago at rausch creek, lake kristy south prop.

Why are you heading up on a Wednesday? Isn't the park usually closed during the week...?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This run sound really tempting... But I'm in school in Syracuse Ny about 212miles away from RC. 3.5 hours
I would like to make it But the weekend before 22-23 I'm wheeling with an xttera club In Oneonta, New York.and I may have to repair some things after that run. plus my trucks front end is hurting pretty bad.
and a lack of funds... or should I say a lack of self control, on spending money on Partying at my off campus house

But on a good note I have acquired a barely used warn9.5ti and have a serious urge to go on a wheeling splurge, and really test it out
so I'm most likely going to be there camping.
I might drive out friday then camp friday and saturday night.
and by camping I mean starting a hugefire, drinking, and passing out in my truck

do they allow camping friday night?

Back