Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL '20 ST
Callsign
AB7FH
had a great time running Raw Deal at night. That was a first for me. Man was I surprised to see how many folks are on Raw Deal and other trails in tha area at night!

Thanks Jeremy for being able to join us on such short notice!

The other trucks in the photos are guys we met on the trail and they joined us for the run.

Raw Deal Night Run Photos

rick.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I kept it in my garage for safe keeping :D I was able to play harder without having to worry about scraping them on the rocks. I think it was a good plan since I was being pretty aggressive. Just no photos of the good stuff...

That's awesome!!:eek: You have to give us more pics when you go out. That is cool.

You have a good flash on that camera, Rick!:eek:
So, what was the temperature?

Temp was probably 80 and dry, no humidity. It was a perfect night to be outside.

It was pretty awesome. I drove home for the first time since april with my windows down and the A/C off.
It is amazing how much HP A/C takes away from the 4.0
I felt like I had a new engine.

I will send Rick my pics so he can post them in his usual way :)

Nice trimming job on that front "fender" Rick!! I bet you have tons of clearance now... LOL:)

I think there may have to be an arizona trip this winter to run some trails out there :D

Matt

Come on out Matt!!

rick when are you gona get those skins for the doors?

I brought it back to the shop yesterday so they can start on them. Hopefully we'll have something to look at this week.

I'm Jealous

That looks like a LOT of fun! Too bad the Tucson move thing didn't work out for me :(

I hear ya Gerald. I was keeping my fingers crossed. It would have been great to have you out here.

Hey thats a clean EB. Finally! a use for those lights we all put on our roofs!

Keep us CO guys up to date on any trail ride plans this winter, I'm just itching to do something, got a front diff with new gears and a ARB in it sitting in my living room, I got some springs, tires, and glass sitting in a shed ready to bolt in, and I've got a compressor to install, with plans for some rear flares to be in the mail this week.....I want to put some miles on this stuff instead of trying to find the time to install it............

With the front fenders removed, the tube doors and ram assist it must of been great picking a line. I've thought of doing that in my next trip. If you know of any cheap trailers for sale let me know.

Hey Hammer did you finaly airdown:D or are you still running street pressure on the trail.

Any more tours planned for Herc, Gerald?;) We havn't wheeled together for a while.

Tom, it's a LONG way out west from here. However I am thinking of doing EJS and if it works out with a few more mods next year, I'd seriously like to join the annual FAKRWEE tribe Rubicon run.

Rick, looks like you all had fun. I am sooo itchin' to do a night run some time. Unfortunately with no job and the unemployment running out soon, I have no funds to do a night or day run!

Hopefully things will be better by Truckhaven and Moab next year!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That be great Gerald.:D I'm sure we can convince Rick and Char next year. They haven't been able to make it the last 2 years. Hammer and Trisha are also interested. Maybe we can also convince some No. Ca. boys like Ray Lobato or Tom Davis if his Suki is finished.
Let's keep in touch.:)

Back